Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Somebody jump on this 24!!! >

Somebody jump on this 24!!!

Notices

Somebody jump on this 24!!!

Old 06-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 bids both by the same guy, and I believe it is the same guy that bought that old Midnight express for cheap a month or so ago.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Faster than two 200's - from what I remember that boat was pretty fast. Still can't believe it hasnt sold.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dono77056
Faster than two 200's - from what I remember that boat was pretty fast. Still can't believe it hasnt sold.
Yeah, he wants something around the 80 mph mark. If I remember right this was a 72-73mph boat. Plus he's not fond of outboards.

I agree it's a great deal and he should jump on it. But it's not my money!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Registered

That Midnight looked like the deal of the century...

Seems like a lot of boats at low low prices right now.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Registered

i am highbidder i did bid 2 times trying too make reserve but i def didnt buy a magnum. i will really make the pantera guys proud if i get it!! i drooled over last year when it was for sale but had just bought a formula. that is gone so i am trying hard too get it. also how does the pantera handle 2'chop just cruising with the wife?
thanks scott
Old 06-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scottmori
i am highbidder i did bid 2 times trying too make reserve but i def didnt buy a magnum. i will really make the pantera guys proud if i get it!! i drooled over last year when it was for sale but had just bought a formula. that is gone so i am trying hard too get it. also how does the pantera handle 2'chop just cruising with the wife?
thanks scott

That sounds good, Sorry, I just thought the bidders name on Ebay looked too much like the guy that destroyed that Midnight express. You will love the boat, 2 foot chop is like bathwater to the 24 Pantera, They are narrow though, and are a drivers boat, it will take some getting used to it, but once you get enough seat time, just point and shoot, it can handle it. As far as the wife, if she likes rollercoasters, she will LOVE the boat, if not, leave her homeMy wife stays home most of the time, but she is starting to learn to trust the boat, and my driving
Old 06-16-2009, 03:43 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

scott, sorry... i was going off ricks comments.
Why don't you just work it out w/ the owner to end the auction.
IMO, better to pay a few bucks extra, than to lose the deal.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scottmori
thanks scott
I take my wife and kids out in the Pacific in my Panteras. No problem. With my 28 I don't check the weather reports... With my 24 I check to make sure its not BIG. As Rick said, cruiser wakes, wind chop, etc. are nothing to the 24.

I think the "drivers boat" thing may be a bit confusing until you drive one. They're narrow, so when you run them fast, they can be a bit chiney, but more important, they're VERY reactive to trim settings and balance. Just got to take your time and get to know the boat, and always drive within your limits...

Awesome boats. Good luck! Glad to hear its someone who's going to enjoy it.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I have only experienced chine walk when I trimmed the drive down at WFO a couple times. Now I always use the tabs instead of the drive so I don't know if it does it with my current prop.

You are 100% correct they are VERY trim sensitive, especially in sloppy, confused water.

Owning a Donzi Blackhawk for several years allowed me to figure out my Pantera quickly. Without that experience i would take my time to learn the boat before pushing it.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
I have only experienced chine walk when I trimmed the drive down at WFO a couple times. Now I always use the tabs instead of the drive so I don't know if it does it with my current prop.

You are 100% correct they are VERY trim sensitive, especially in sloppy, confused water.

Owning a Donzi Blackhawk for several years allowed me to figure out my Pantera quickly. Without that experience i would take my time to learn the boat before pushing it.
I haven't had the chiney-ness in my OB boat, but in my single BBC boat, in sloppy water, running WFO, I got some tankslappers. I don't know if it's the little pad or just bad driving on my part...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.