Somebody jump on this 24!!! >

Somebody jump on this 24!!!

Notices

Somebody jump on this 24!!!

Old 06-19-2009, 02:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by georges
Is it THE Skip Barber.... as in SCCA racing school?
Yup. I wish I knew where it was... We're getting the houde paintee and iv killed about a quart of tequilla each night over the past couple nights...
Old 06-19-2009, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by outriggers
A sad sign of the times. Doug

I agree, rough for a lot of people out there. Plus a lot of "ebayers" don't have a clue what a Pantera is.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Registered

Cant believe it didn't sell...where's Mange and Wallin....thought surely it would be gone in an instant at that price..if not in the usa some other part of the world.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Registered

I hate to see the boat being sold so cheap. Thats quite a loss that lovemachine is taking as I sold him the boat last summer for 10k more than that. the boat is very nice. it is a "drivers" boat as it takes a little bit of getting used to get the speed out of it but thats what made it fun. I would buy the boat back toaday but my wife is pregnant with our second child and I can afford child support for 2 kids lol!!!! good luck with the sale Bill I will ask around down here for you.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Yup. I wish I knew where it was... We're getting the houde paintee and iv killed about a quart of tequilla each night over the past couple nights...
How many quarts of tequila does it take to paint a house?
Old 06-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Registered

How many quarts of tequila does it take to paint a house?
Whoa! Didn't even remember writing that...

Based on most of the painter's I've met, A LOT!

Some dude is painting the house, but everything I own is in a pile under a tarp... I'll grab it and post it over the weekend.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,

My offer still stands, my boat and cash if he wants it, unfortunately I cant take the risk of being stuck with 2 boats, and really dont have the room to store them either.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Registered

Is it THE Skip Barber.... as in SCCA racing school?
"I just don't think spinning the car trying to find the limit works. How do you measure the limit? If you're going backwards into the wall you've exceeded the limit, okay, but what do you learn from that?

I understand how it feels in the car when you've overstepped the amount of tracktion or grip you've got. That's how I know you've passed the limit. I don't get what revolving gets for you you. Some guy goes flying off the road, then says 'well, that's too fast.' What's he do, go back and look at where the speedometer needle stuck on impact?"

--- Skip Barber
Old 06-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Registered

There is an attitude in the sport that spins - losses of control - are a necessary, even a beneficial part of driving racecars. We strongly disagree. Any loss of control puts you in a position wher ewhat happens to you and your car is purely a matter of luck... Don't kid yourself. Although motor racing has gotten much safer in the last decade, you're driving a light weight vehicle at high speed and bad things do happen. Bath things happen less often to drivers who maintain control of their cars.

From Chapter 4 of Going Faster (handbook for the Skip Barber drivng school). There's a lot more. But basically it says to creep up on it, do things with consistency and change things one thing at a time so you know what the result of the change was. The book is a very good read and even though not directly applicable to boats, provides an excellent frame of reference for how to approach controlling any high performance vehilce.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Registered

I understand what you/ Skip Barber are saying......I have raced cars when I was a lot younger and more recently jetskis.
You kind of go to where you are comfortable, then just push a little bit more......
The main focus is reading the water, anticipating/correcting all of the time, but then one has to have a good feel for what their boat does under any given set of circumstances too.
It takes every bit of concentration, especially when racing, you think of nothing else except what is in front and around you, I call it being in the zone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.