Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
VON BONGO,  How's the progress?? >

VON BONGO, How's the progress??

Notices

VON BONGO, How's the progress??

Old 04-17-2002, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hehe I didn't read it close enough. I've got the Fountain home and I am going to clean it up this weekend. I have one guy interested but if he doesn't bite I am going to keep it and not readvertise it until after LOTO.

Dave Carl called, he has the other 27, wanted to know if I was going out. I need to call him back and tell him I am not boating this weekend. Plus if we get any more rain the river will be a mess anyway.

Todays Pantera Update:

Going to be marking the transom for cutting and still doing the cabin. Paint guy going to start drawing on it. Pete's going out first of the week for more pics.

Day 58

Last edited by Von Bongo; 04-19-2002 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-18-2002, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Mike,

The only time Hot Boat Magazine has done a write up on the boat was back in 1991 on a 28 with twin 454s.I just answered to you to show me the issue that you had seen 63 mph because this is not true.

The 2 articles that have been written up on the 28 Pantera in the last 2 years have been in Powerboat magazine.I have both articles down loaded in my website if you would like to see them.

I think you can ask any customer of mine or members from this board that have asked me questions or advice that I have been as helpful as I can be to them.You must be the only one that thinks this way.I just do not like when you go say things that are not correct.For Example the speed issue.

I think the world of Reggie Fountain and think he builds a great product.I also know you think my Family and I build a good product because you have showed interest to me in building you a center console boat a few months back.

Regards, JO
Old 04-18-2002, 11:22 PM
Porkcp4102

Default Von Bongo, " Porkchops prediction"

80 MPH
She will have a born on date of September by the looks of the pictures

Old 04-19-2002, 01:56 PM
Registered

Hey Fred,

Nice motor! How's the Sonic coming? That had to be the race boat since the other one was twins?

Day 60
Old 04-20-2002, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Hello Griff....What was your prediction? Did I miss it?

VonBongo.......................Why lower the floor, you never said why??

Pics look good.

What are the graphics like??
Old 04-20-2002, 04:07 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

DK2, it was in a different thread a while back and I kinda had an advantage since I just talked to Jo. I was thinking 78-79mph and a completion/splash date of June 12th. I never actually posted a date before.
Old 04-20-2002, 04:12 PM
Registered

Hey DK,

I wanted some more freeboard. I think it is about the same as the beak boat but since the Fountain has a higher windscreen it seems like more. So I wanted to get the floor as low as possible while retaining the cockpit liner. I am going to add some wind deflectors, windaway I believe they are called. Going to give them a try anyway.

These are the graphics, thanks for providing the action shot so I could draw them up

Day61
Attached Thumbnails VON BONGO,  How's the progress??-28-resize-wizard-1-copy.jpg  
Old 04-20-2002, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Star Spangled Banner

I'll have to let Mrs. Dangerkitty know her picture is onTHE BOARD !

WOW that should look really good!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2002, 09:03 PM
Registered

Thanks for the kind comments on the paint, a graphic artist I am not!!

Fred, I sure hope so! The low wind screen was really the only thing I wasn't too hip on.

Griff's kinda cheatin, he gets the word strait from Jo plus his has a 525sc so he has a pretty good comparison. . Griff you getting a new hatch?? Weather sucks by the way today!

I have been amazed by the number of e-mails and phone calls about this boat building project boat. I think I should be charging Jo a referal fee for all this free advertising!!! Hopefully people will learn from this thread. I know I was pretty stupid about how it all worked, but I am learning fast! I e-mailed Jo a few pictures to clarify the paint. It's actually very close to a Cig called Patriot.

Did anyone use drop in carpet in theirs? I like the perelli flooring but I really think I want some for poker runs and such. I think a red carpet would make a nice hi-light to the cockpit. I am going with red bezels and shifters, trim and tabs on the throttle. Red grab rails in the cockpit. White vinyl in the cabin and red light boards. Red carpet in the cabin too.

I am still very excited about this project. I also had a guy stop over and look at the Fountain today.

Day 61

Last edited by Von Bongo; 04-20-2002 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-21-2002, 04:49 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally posted by Von Bongo

Griff's kinda cheatin, he gets the word strait from Jo plus his has a 525sc so he has a pretty good comparison. . Griff you getting a new hatch?? Weather sucks by the way today!

Not cheatin-----just using all the resources available

I'm thinking about getting a raised hatch to eliminate the raised section where the air cleaner is on mine. Jo said he thought it would help the engine breath a little better. I'll make a decision in the next couple of weeks if I do decide to. That way it can be shipped with that other delivery coming to Omaha at the end of May or early June.

Quick Reply: VON BONGO, How's the progress??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.