Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
28' pantera >

28' pantera

Notices

28' pantera

Old 07-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still 4 sale $15+ - Why? Had a local put eyes on it! Didn't get deep in it but said it was reasonably clean and seemed solid.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default pantera

Be carefull, I tried to buy this boat a few months ago and the seller (butch) would not seatrial the boat at all. I offered to pay for expense to do seatrial and he still would not. Just seems like he's hidding something. Really wanted the boat just didn't want to buy anything that was a time bomb.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Registered

I have talked to him several times over the past 3 or 4 months. He claimed, he bought the boat with not motors, only the drives. It was found inside of a wharehoue, were it sat for I think he said 10 years. Not sure of that. He has always mentioned NO seatrial. I have continued to make him a NO seatrial offer and he has still declined. I know the boat is heavy. He said, 8,000 lbs I am not sure of that part. It is only about an hour from me and I have just not had any free time to go see it. he also mentioned, at different times, that he has 3 boats. The wife told me they used it to drive a very short distance to a dock bar and back. He made it seem like he uses his center console more. Hopefully, I can get to see it very soon. But, no sea trial, he will continue to get my NO seatrail offer. As for a survey, he did not seem interested. Claimed he know more than a surveyor.......................Been for sale since last year.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by GOFASTJUNKIE
I have talked to him several times over the past 3 or 4 months. He claimed, he bought the boat with not motors, only the drives. It was found inside of a wharehoue, were it sat for I think he said 10 years. Not sure of that. He has always mentioned NO seatrial. I have continued to make him a NO seatrial offer and he has still declined. I know the boat is heavy. He said, 8,000 lbs I am not sure of that part. It is only about an hour from me and I have just not had any free time to go see it. he also mentioned, at different times, that he has 3 boats. The wife told me they used it to drive a very short distance to a dock bar and back. He made it seem like he uses his center console more. Hopefully, I can get to see it very soon. But, no sea trial, he will continue to get my NO seatrail offer. As for a survey, he did not seem interested. Claimed he know more than a surveyor.......................Been for sale since last year.
Doesn't seem logical if everything is straight up and he wants to sell the boat. Where there's smoke there is usually fire. If you want a survey and are paying for it then ...WTF
Old 07-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Registered

Only thing i could figure, is he does not want to be bothered. Once again, that is why my offer has been low. I told him from the start, my offer is not to be an insult but basically not even seeing if it will float? I am taking a chance. What good is a boat that does not float. It has to float before you can worry about anything else..................I will keep you guys posted. I will have some more time to out into it next week. I will see what I can dig up......................
Old 07-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

listen..... If the guy doesn't want to be bothered then why did he list a boat for sale that invites people to bother him????
Old 07-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

These are all the same things guy told me. Boat seem good but i never got as far as a sea trial. I called him once this past month left a message and never got a call back.

Guy seem ok just maybe burnt out on trying to sell a boat and dealing with many of people. I know the feeling on selling a few things these past days.

BUT..... No sea trial.... come on.... price will have to reflect a non running condition. So 10k ill go pick it up.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Been for sale for longer than just last year.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

What is he telling you guys he will sell for?
Old 07-19-2010, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Think guys are backing out because he wont let a sea trial happen. or people finding better deals on other boats that need less work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.