Finally Splashed the Pantera

Notices

Finally Splashed the Pantera

Old 05-01-2002, 01:50 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,811 Likes on 901 Posts
Smile Finally Splashed the Pantera

Finally got a chance to splash the Pantera in local waters. It was a little cold, only about 70*, but not too bad. The boat ran great and had a little fun catching some air off 4' barge wakes. Had to take it easy though with my 17 month old in the boat. Mrs. Griff says we need some mufflers though. It is quite a bit louder than my Baja. I think thats more because the exhaust tips on the Baja are lower and covered by a solid swim deck and because the engine hatch on the Baja is about 8" thick.

Von, I doubt if the Marina is going to open this week, Pier 1 is still floated out and it looks like they are still dredging the channel. I think the weather is gonna suck anyway. I hope it opens soon, it was a b%^*& to get the boat on the trailer with the current at the public ramp. The damn aluminum trailer kept floating sideways. How's the progress on the new boat???? Should be getting painted about now, right???
Old 05-01-2002, 02:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey Griff. I am glad to hear that you finally got a chance to run the boat! I was kinda shocked to read that the trailer floated, but maybe it did because of the fresh water there???? If they would help, Owens and Sons does offer guide poles for that trailer. I'll post a link to their web site below. Anyhow, glad that everything is going well after a long winter storage! Enjoy and take care of our baby!

www.slideon.com

Will
Lynch Mob (F2-3)
Old 05-01-2002, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Glad to hear it ran out alright! Mine splashed a couple of weeks ago and we put an hour or so on. Now I'm getting ready for Friday for the annual Rat Rally on the Mississippi. With the cold spring we've had, I'll be happy if the temps are 60+.
Old 05-01-2002, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a little cold, only about 70*, but not too bad.
Guess it depends on where your from! I'd take it.
Old 05-01-2002, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Griff,

Congrats on the first run of the season! I haven't been to the marina for a few weeks but I figured as much. I am not going to float the Fountain until the marina is open if I can help it, but I do need to get it out before we head to LOTO. Ran it on the hose last weekend and it fired right up.

So how did it run? I asked Jo to put Teague switchable mufflers on my boat. What was your impression of the river? Pretty low still? Details we need details since you're the advnce scount. You are going to LOTO aren't you? Where you staying?
Old 05-01-2002, 02:32 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Hot Duck, the boat ran great. Fired it up at home on the hose first, and it started right up. The only reason the trailer was floating was because of the river current was flowing at 5-6mph. Usually I can put in at the ramp in my marina(no current), but the channel to get to river is being dredged.
BTW, Did the water pressure guage ever work for you? It didn't move at all the other day but flow was fine.

Von, I think the marina will probably be open sometime next week from the looks of it. The river is a little low, maybe about the same as it was at the end of last summer. Not really anything to worry about except around the marinas. I was at the Anchor a few weeks back and they've done some remodeling and made it so you could beach up right on shore in front of the bar.
I'm DEFINATELY still going to LOTO. I probably won't get in until early afternoon on Friday. I 'm staying at Holiday Shores. Its a timeshare resort and not on any maps I've seen. Its at the 16mm in the very back of the same cove as Port Arrowhead Marina.
Old 05-02-2002, 01:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

The water pressure guage was working to the best of my knowledge. I imagine that it must read pressure off of a small pickup tube of some kind. If so, check that for a blockage. Jo Nunez may be able to point you in the right direction as far as locating the sensors or tubes. I don't know how he does it, but it seems that he remembers every boat he builds like he put it together yesterday! Maybe he does them all the same?? Give 'em hell when you guys go to LOTO.
Old 05-02-2002, 04:41 PM
Registered

Griff

I had the one on the Founaint quit one day, it was screwed into the block and had become clogged with sand or a small wood chip or something.

I just pulled it and cleaned it out, then it worked like a charm.
Old 05-02-2002, 05:03 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Thanks HD, I'll take a look at it, but just wanted to check with you and make sure I wasn't going to be looking for something that you had already tried to find. Might have gotten a little corrosion build up over the winter.

Von--Did you get the latest letter from the Marina. I"M PISSED!!!! "The staff has made the decision to delay opening of the marina for at least another two weeks................blah,blah,blah."
Old 05-02-2002, 05:53 PM
Registered

I suppose it's in the mail box for me when I get home.

Sucks, they get the marina full for a change and can't open on time. I need to get the boat out for a few runs before loto so I can work out any gremlins.

I hate putting it in the current it's major work. At least they could get the ramp open!!!!

Quick Reply: Finally Splashed the Pantera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.