Old 07-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 1,820 Likes on 712 Posts
Default It's bacccccckkkkkkk....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=31270
Old 07-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i guess we will know what is really worth when someone actually buys it...
Old 07-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by duunoit
Mine will be back together this weekend. Our poker run is the 16th. I haven't been able to go the last couple of years. I feel like I need to run it in our own local run at least once before I sell it. Either way it will be in the classifieds before the end of the month...
got pics of your pantera... some details?
Old 07-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's Griff's (and HotDuck and Dude!Sweet!'s) old boat. It's a 1996 28. I used the boat probably a total of 3 hours before I spun a rod bearing.

http://s1101.photobucket.com/albums/...96_Pantera_28/

The 525SC and IMCO drive are long gone. The current motor is a 548 that used to be Z.Zuperboat's. It's got a regular bravo drive.

I just got the motor rebuilt in March. I've got new oil lines and a new oil cooler for it.
http://s1101.photobucket.com/albums/...tera_28/motor/

It's in the boat but not completely hooked up. There's a couple of things I need to do (put the drive on, hook up the oil lines, clean up the carb, drain the fuel tank, put the hatch back on, put exhaust on, fill with oil, set timing).

I'll sell it complete OR without motor/exhaust OR without motor/exhaust/drive. Since the boat has a notch, the drive spacer will go with the boat regardless. Depending on price I may be able to help with delivery.

chrisbeitz77((at))gmail((dot))com
Make me an offer. I don't really care to get stroked about selling it, so if that's your plan, don't bother.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

The end of the above post wasn't directed at anyone in particular...
Old 07-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice looking boat, i've always liked the look of the 28 pantera. that's a boat boat that will never go out of style. what are you looking to trade up to and what would you like to get for your boat as it sits.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

IMO that boat is worth low/mid 40's if the motors are strong. Problem is everyone wants fire sale prices right now. Ebay auctions never come close to the selling prices. I have a friend that sells a bunch of toys and he always puts the reserve high enough so it doesn't sell but still gets all kinds of interest. Not sure why you would do a no reserve auction???
Old 07-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cig92
very nice looking boat, i've always liked the look of the 28 pantera. that's a boat boat that will never go out of style. what are you looking to trade up to and what would you like to get for your boat as it sits.
I'm actually trying to downsize/cash out. Send me an email, we can talk about money.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 1,820 Likes on 712 Posts
Default Would agree with...

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
IMO that boat is worth low/mid 40's if the motors are strong. Problem is everyone wants fire sale prices right now. Ebay auctions never come close to the selling prices. I have a friend that sells a bunch of toys and he always puts the reserve high enough so it doesn't sell but still gets all kinds of interest. Not sure why you would do a no reserve auction???
everything you said. Couple of issues w/this sale.
#1. the last auction the seller had the motors listed as EFI's which they are not.
#2. I think above kind of crap scares a lot of people away. If he's unsure of that (that's so obvious) what else is he unsure or guessing about.
#3. It's at a used car lot and not the previous owner. Huge crap shoot and especially when it's listed in S. Fla.
#4. A lot of sellers do no/low reserve to motivate people to bid. If they see a higher minimum they don't bid at all.
#5. Fire sale mentality big time. There are clearly those deals out there but if you find what you want or know what your rig is worth and don't need to sell it, stick to your guns.

When I saw this one sell as cheap as it did in the last auction I knew someone either stole it or the seller was playing games which it ended up he was. The reinforces #2. above.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by duunoit
The end of the above post wasn't directed at anyone in particular...

I will give you 8 grand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.