looking for a 24 pantera >

looking for a 24 pantera

Notices

looking for a 24 pantera

Old 05-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a 24 pantera

So I am interested in buying a 24 pantera. I have read great things about there rough water capabilities and handling. My biggest concern is how big is the cockpit when standing up while moving, does it feel you are getting ready to tumble out like a 22 donzi classic does? Or does it feel more like a regular offshore boat. So what does one of these cost new? I don't mind buying an older one that has been restored as long as it has been updated, so if anyone knows of any for sale let me know.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt89
So I am interested in buying a 24 pantera. I have read great things about there rough water capabilities and handling. My biggest concern is how big is the cockpit when standing up while moving, does it feel you are getting ready to tumble out like a 22 donzi classic does? Or does it feel more like a regular offshore boat. So what does one of these cost new? I don't mind buying an older one that has been restored as long as it has been updated, so if anyone knows of any for sale let me know.
24's are not to deep not to shallow ! four adults can ride and move around in one just fine . As far as the cost of a new one that is a loaded question , With power options and prices you could spend 100K and a year of your life on one ... BUT FOR GOD SAKE ! Can we please ban the questions ( Any 24 Pantera's for sale ? ) and (Any 28 Pantera's for sale ? ) This question should result in a one year ban from OSO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matt this is not directed to you ! This is for all the people that ask over and over with no intention of buying .. I guess their waiting for someone to say ( Oh, I've got one in my barn I'm not doing with ! You can have it for $500 bucks )
If anyone spends a few hours looking they can find every Pantera for sale in the country ...... Just search the Pantera forum and you'll find what you need .
Old 05-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

The cockpit is small for a 24' boat and IMO it should be a sit-down boat. Remember this boat is about the same size as a 22 Classic. I made mine into a sit-down boat and it was the best thing I did.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
BUT FOR GOD SAKE ! Can we please ban the questions ( Any 24 Pantera's for sale ? ) and (Any 28 Pantera's for sale ? ) This question should result in a one year ban from OSO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe please tell us how you really feel?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:06 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I thought it was just fine standing, as long as you can hunker down w/ some foot rests.
goto the pantera site... i had a 1995 24SE, you can see me standing in... i'm 5'10".

How much you looking to spend?
I just posted 2 for sale from CL ads.
I think the black one listed is nice too... who's the board member that owns it?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:07 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

OCC, give the guy a break... 6 posts.
He doesn't know how to use the 'search' feature.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Registered

I am sure you do get tired of hearing the question of 24 and 28 panteras for sale, but I am not looking for one for $500. 30k would be best if I was to pay cash, and I was hoping a new one would be around 60 to 70k but that sounds low.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
I thought it was just fine standing, as long as you can hunker down w/ some foot rests.
goto the pantera site... i had a 1995 24SE, you can see me standing in... i'm 5'10".
I agree you can stand in a 24 and I did it at first when I got the boat. But I preferred sitting since the boat is so shallow . After a few weeks I modified the seat bottoms so they were 3" lower and sat all the time, which was much more comfortable. Last year I had new bases made that lowered the whole bolster 3" and the bottoms another 4". Wish I would have done it years ago as I now feel "in" the boat.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Registered

My biggest fear is I will not feel in the boat and it will be a run about kind of feeling, what I really want is something more on the 28 to 35 ft range but the problem isn't the price of the boat but the price of insurance because I am only 23. Even though I have been on boats since I can remember, I've worked at marinas, and even repoing boats because I have only owned a 17 boston whaler they say I don't have enough experience to be insured on a large powerful boat but the 24 pantera they will, but I guess they are just going by statistics! So I guess I should try and find one close and see if the owner will let me sit in it.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Registered

My biggest fear is I will not feel in the boat and it will be a run about kind of feeling,
Not sure what you mean by a "run about" kind of feeling? Are you sying it will feel like being in a small "runabout" type family boat? If so I can tell you that is NOT the feeling you get. Even though the boat is only a 24' it is a thrill to drive and/or ride in.

Where are you located?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.