so they filed for bankruptcy >

so they filed for bankruptcy

Notices

so they filed for bankruptcy

Old 08-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeng
Fountain doesn't have a history of screwing customers out of money, then declaring bankruptcy and changing names to get out of trouble.
Stockholders not customers
Old 08-10-2012, 02:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad
Stockholders not customers
...and creditors
Old 08-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Membership

You might want to try www.SeriousOffshore.com, you'll fit in real good over there.

Hey Indy if I wanted to join that site I would have already
Old 08-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B.A.
You might want to try www.SeriousOffshore.com, you'll fit in real good over there.

Hey Indy if I wanted to join that site I would have already
They are a select group. Limmited memberships available!
Old 08-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by boatnt
Allright,,,put down the Coors light...

seriously werent you thinking of trading in the old PQ for one??
Yeah, now I'm not sure what to buy next!!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:01 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by emilsr
Pantera sponsored race karts, then declared bankruptcy when they couldn't pay their bills.

Fountain sponsored fishing tournaments, then declared bankruptcy when they couldn't pay their bills.

I don't remember seeing these kinds of threads about Fountain. What am I missing?
You don't see the difference ??
Then you never will. Give up trying.

A fishing boat manufacturer sponsors a fishing tournament to promote their product.

As opposed to

A boat manufacturer sponsoring an event that has no connection to its business but entertains the family .

Wake up
Old 08-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by catastrophe
You don't see the difference ??
Then you never will. Give up trying.

A fishing boat manufacturer sponsors a fishing tournament to promote their product.

As opposed to

A boat manufacturer sponsoring an event that has no connection to its business but entertains the family .

Wake up
Entertains the family with a customers hard earned cash that will never see the boat that he paid for.........forgot that part!!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

WOW...just read through 50% of this thread and alot of bull$hi+ is being tossed around. Not taking any sides but I will voice my opinion. The boat builders over the last decade have taken a beating. Some of the biggest names in the business have gone belly up, went BK, dissappeard or just closed their doors including quite a few who owed potential buyers/vendors money. It's not been an easy road for the few who remain..and even those few have scaled back, made changes and diversified to capture a larger buying audience. The name Pantera has been around for 35+ years. Like many other manufacturers they have had their ups and downs but they are STILL trying to survive as a family owned custom boat business. I know they have not been able to deliver boats on a timely basis and customers have been waiting rediculously long to get their finished product... but the product they have produced has always been well respected and built with quality. Pantera has a loyal following and I'm sure the Pantera fans would like to see the company survive. I can only hope that restructuring the company will get the people who are owed boats their finished product and the people who are owed money paid in full. The high performance boat world needs the guys who take the risks to manufacture these boats to survive. It's what fuels our passion and keeps our sport alive.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
WOW...just read through 50% of this thread and alot of bull$hi+ is being tossed around. Not taking any sides but I will voice my opinion. The boat builders over the last decade have taken a beating. Some of the biggest names in the business have gone belly up, went BK, dissappeard or just closed their doors including quite a few who owed potential buyers/vendors money. It's not been an easy road for the few who remain..and even those few have scaled back, made changes and diversified to capture a larger buying audience. The name Pantera has been around for 35+ years. Like many other manufacturers they have had their ups and downs but they are STILL trying to survive as a family owned custom boat business. I know they have not been able to deliver boats on a timely basis and customers have been waiting rediculously long to get their finished product... but the product they have produced has always been well respected and built with quality. Pantera has a loyal following and I'm sure the Pantera fans would like to see the company survive. I can only hope that restructuring the company will get the people who are owed boats their finished product and the people who are owed money paid in full. The high performance boat world needs the guys who take the risks to manufacture these boats to survive. It's what fuels our passion and keeps our sport alive.
LOL! A glazed donut.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
LOL! A glazed donut.
Comanche3Six, it may be a glazed donut and wishful thinking but it is reality. The days of having dozens of high performance boat manufacturers are over. The days of cheap money, cheap gas and cheap labor are over. The wannabe high performance boat buyers that were lucky enough to capitalize on the housing boom already bought their toys and many of them have already had to sell due to biting off more than they can chew. Some of the biggest names in the industry are questionable (Donzi, Fountain, Baja). Outerlimits, Active Thunder and quite a few others were smart enough to scale back to survive. Cigarette is building more fishing boats than Offshore boats!! Eliminator went BK and had to restructure. Powerplay is gone (but supposively coming back with new owners/models). Sonic has almost been non-existent.. not to mention all the confusion that took place with Frisini!!! It seems the only Apache's are just being rebuilt over and over and over...Most of us on Offshore only can only dream about owning an MTI, or Platinum, or Skater or Nortech. We need the guys who build the Offshore 24's, 26's, 28's 30's etc. V bottoms and cats to survive. None of these boats are cheap to buy or build but they are at least what gets us into the game with the ability to move up in the future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.