Pantera "No Longer" in Chapter 11 >

Pantera "No Longer" in Chapter 11

Notices

Pantera "No Longer" in Chapter 11

Old 08-28-2012, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Craney
100% right, there is NO Money if there was he would have his boat.
Seen this before personally many years ago. Maybe not in Pantera Inc, but it's around.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It would be beneficial to the business as a whole, and to customers in general, if the credible and honest boat builders were supported, not the ones the have dubious operating patterns. Time after time I see so much support for those that make people's lives miserable, while great people's businesses get made fun of. You all know who they are, on both sides of the coin.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Seeing Pantera anything lately makes me sick!

Now I get to see a company trolling around trying to save face, and spinning words to make it look like they are going in the right direction? Add to that brand loyal posters on this site that seem to be blind to the deception because they lover their boats so much.

Pantera went as far to send me a PM to question some comments I made on this site, meaning they are watching and reading but only selectively answering the many, many unaswered questions.

If they had only spent as much time balancing their finances and completing boats as they have trying to defend their name
Old 08-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS

We want to say Thank You to the members and Pantera owners that have supported us with postings, private emails and phone calls. You all know who you are.

Regards,

JO - Pantera Boats

www.Panteraboats.com
Maybe one of them will cut you a check for $100K plus to build a new boat. Obviously they know all the previous court judgements and current legal issues with Pantera were a mistake. Maybe they'll also front you one years rent on your building since it seems like it takes that long to build a boat.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS

We would like to inform to all of you that as of today Pantera Boats is "NO LONGER" in Chapter 11 Re-Organization.

We know things are still tough in this economy but we have decided as a family and with advice from our attorney to keep fighting since Pantera means the world to us.

We want to say Thank You to the members and Pantera owners that have supported us with postings, private emails and phone calls. You all know who you are.

Some changes will be coming soon.

Regards,

JO - Pantera Boats

www.Panteraboats.com

Interesting comment. Makes it sound like this was a voluntary decision. Didn't the courts kick-out the chapter 11 filing? I guess the other decision would have been closing the business???

We need high quality single engine sport boats under 30'. Pantera makes one of the best but it's definitely not worth the pain in the ass or risk to get one. This does absolutely nothing but further tarnish the marine industry.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Iv said this before , they need to build just the hull and deck since it's the cheapest part of the building a boat of this type and then sell to owner and have them bring the hull and deck to a professional rigging shop for the the rest of the work .
everyone is happy then .
pantera can make some money on the hull and deck.
rigger can make money on the install
owner very happy they get a boat within 3 month's
everybody win's
at he same point I bet pantera would sell 20 hull and deck's a year instead of 1 every couple of year's .
they will make less money on the hull and deck sell, but will make more money in the long run selling more product , some people just dont see it this way " it's called production "
example :
I own a lawn service and for the average house 1/4 acre the price is $ 35 a cut , when I cut one house in a day I make no money but when I cut 30 house's in a day it all add's up to making money .
last just say it cost the builder $ 20 k to build a 28 hull and deck they turn around and sell it for $ 40 k . they make $ 20 k gross profit in a few week's, so 20 hull and decks a year X $20 k = $ 400 k a year minus rent and labor and that would still probaly put $ 150 to 200K a year profit in there pocket's
ps . the $ number's mite not be rite but it's just an example

mike

mike

Last edited by mikebrls; 08-29-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
Iv said this before , they need to build just the hull and deck since it's the cheapest part of the building a boat of this type and then sell to owner and have them bring the hull and deck to a professional rigging shop for the the rest of the work .
everyone is happy then .
everybody win's
at he same point I bet pantera would sell 20 hull and deck's a year instead of 1 every couple of year's .
they will make less money on the hull and deck sell, but will make more money in the long run selling more product , some people just dont see it this way " it's called production "
example :
I own a lawn service and for the average house 1/4 acre the price is $ 35 a cut , when I cut one house in a day I make no money but when I cut 30 house's in a day it all add's up to making money .
last just say it cost the builder $ 20 k to build a 28 hull and deck they turn around and sell it for $ 40 k . they make $ 20 k gross profit in a few week's, so 20 hull and decks a year X $20 k = $ 400 k a year minus rent and labor and that would still probaly put $ 150 to 200K a year profit in there pocket's

mike

mike
And I've said THIS before: Pantera by Fountain. It was only partly tongue in cheek. Isn't this exactly the work that Fountain is looking for these days? Make no mistake, it would still be a Pantera but would be rigged elsewhere. The extent of pre-rigging would need to be determined. Pantera should probably at least finish the dash & gauges and wiring harnesses per customer's needs. Engine, drive, tabs, steering done at Fountain.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
everyone is happy then .
everybody win's
example :

mike

mike
My thoughts exactly.
Pantera should try this route. More hulls and decks out the door w/o the headache and costs of rigging...no brainer.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Masybe it's time for Pantera to just go away. In one of the many threads a reputable boat builder stated building boats the size Pantera does, mostly under 29', is not a way to make money.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Masybe it's time for Pantera to just go away. In one of the many threads a reputable boat builder stated building boats the size Pantera does, mostly under 29', is not a way to make money.
I agree, if the world can do without Baja, Fountain, Donzi, Scarab, Profile, Eliminator.....I think we can go without Pantera as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.