24 Pantera Racing >

24 Pantera Racing

Notices

24 Pantera Racing

Old 09-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tomas_wallin
Yes, we're still rookies. It's the first time my "real" copilot is racing with me and it's my third race so be nice. Still getting familiar with the boat - and racing.
aO8nB7hsQB4
Looking good! I can't believe how little the impact shook the boat. I didn't see you adjusting the tabs or trim, I'm guessing you had them set close to nuetral?
Old 09-13-2012, 12:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone!

There's still some work left on it that I will take care of during the winter. I needed to prioritize to get it running.

I will keep you updated!
Old 09-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Looking good! I can't believe how little the impact shook the boat. I didn't see you adjusting the tabs or trim, I'm guessing you had them set close to nuetral?
We didn't feel it what so ever, I just heard a small "ting"-sound and lost thrust.

I had it trimmed around neutral and it was still was riding very high.

I accidently got a Merc trim tab pump for my drive trim and it's way too slow (the drive trim pumps are high flow versions of the exact same pump), so I didn't want to trim it out too far since I wouldn't be able to get it back down fast enough if I needed to. This is one of the things I will take care of during the winter.

So far I have used the tabs only when going on and off plane.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
Don't know how I missed that . Now I'm up to speed . I live in Pantera , Superboat , and swap shop . Need to do a little more exploring on OSO ..
Tomas bassed on the post dates am I seeing that you did the build in about seven months is that correct ?
You did some nice work . Being that you did something so detailed and precise did you ever think about putting a step in the boat ? Looks like you have the skill to do it . I'm only asking because I was thinking that a 24/7 stepped hull would preform awesome . Just don't know if anyone has added a step post mold .
Yes, it took me about seven months. I wanted to be sure it would work so I didn't want to doing too radical changes to the bottom - keeping it simple.

Right now I'm planning on extending the inner strakes quite a bit longer, doing the extended parts about 1/2-1" narrower. I was worried about the boat over planning and dipping the bow but that's absolutely no issue. It rides high and very well but with longer strakes I believe it will ride even higher and better - and faster.

I have seen some pics of 24 Superboat bottoms with the strakes going almost all the way to the transom - anyone have any more info about this?
Old 09-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Registered

Here's my bottom rebuild thread
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...4-pantera.html
Old 09-13-2012, 08:01 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Great job Tomas ..... is the boat is named after you ?
Old 09-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikeb4
Great job Tomas ..... is the boat is named after you ?
Thanks Mike,

Hahaha no it's not named after me but since my daughters name is Minna it would be a great name.

It's our future sponsor www.tomina.se
Old 09-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

We didn't feel it what so ever, I just heard a small "ting"-sound and lost thrust.

I had it trimmed around neutral and it was still was riding very high.

I accidently got a Merc trim tab pump for my drive trim and it's way too slow (the drive trim pumps are high flow versions of the exact same pump), so I didn't want to trim it out too far since I wouldn't be able to get it back down fast enough if I needed to. This is one of the things I will take care of during the winter.

So far I have used the tabs only when going on and off plane.
Yeah fast trim is a good thing! So, in that video you are running with the tabs all the ways up?
Old 09-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Yeah fast trim is a good thing! So, in that video you are running with the tabs all the ways up?
Yes, tabs all the way up.

The Rev 4 (RIP) was an awesome prop - luckily it was standard out of the box.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

In the race on saturday there's another 24 Pantera (with original bottom) rigged about the same with 496 and Bravo drive so I will post some pics from the race later.
Is that Jan's boat?

Jan came and looked at mine for his friend while he was in the states last year and said that he had a 24' that they raced with a 496.

Couple pics of my old one is Sweden at a poker run a few weeks back...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.