Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Red Roar 1978 24SE restoration starts >

Red Roar 1978 24SE restoration starts

Notices

Red Roar 1978 24SE restoration starts

Old 01-11-2015, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a bump really for the same question as i am about to start wiring it all and wanted to see what came via the ignition switch as regards power and what was powered direct via switches and breakers.
russell
Old 01-11-2015, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

Don't know if it will help, but, i have the factory wiring diagrams for my 1987 formula 242ss that may shed some light on what is typically wired to iginition and via circut breakers/switches. If interested provide e-mail and i will foward to you.
Good luck and may the patience gods be with you!
Old 01-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Registered

yes that would be great thanks Glenamy. i am an electronics engineer by trade but that doesnt mean a thing when it comes to boats. that would give me a great generic concept of how they are done. the rest i can wing it a bit but err on the side of safety.
[email protected]

and.........
has anyone got any instant favourites as regards ladders to get in and out of a little 24 that then of course have to fold away to the size of next to nothing.
i have had a look about and it all baffles me as to what would work best. i was trying avoid ropes and wooden steps kind of thing and "currently" i dont have any fixtures for anything but that can be rectified of course. i am nit even sure where i would be fitting them when in place. the transom ???
Old 01-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Your ignition to the engine and your gauges come on with the "ignition" function of the key switch.
Everything else is wired via a fuse panel circuit. The main +12 volts from the battery to the dash console is protected by a circuit breaker in the engine compartment.

Hope this helps,
Rob
Old 01-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

Wiring diag. Sent via email
cheers
Old 01-11-2015, 12:32 PM
Registered

thanks to both.
Gary i got the diagram so that will give me a clue.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:10 PM
Registered

just got back from the london boat show and some success in tracking down parts i need but fell short oddly of the most recent one i mentioned which is a ladder. having never got in or out of this boat on anything but a stepladder could anyone point me in the direction of what make they might use on small boats and how fitted or if you dont know any brands a picture would be a great clue. i have looked around here but most are much bigger boats than mine so don't really work.
will be taking some pictures soon of the carnage.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:37 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]535648[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]535649[/ATTACH]
I faced the same problem for my passengers. I usually just do the lower unit to trim tab thing. I contemplated mounting the bracket for a transom ladder.

http://www.armstrongnautical.com/marine_ladders.htm

http://www.stainlessmarine.com/?wpsc...-ladder-4-step

but took the easier (cheaper) route and found a three step folding ladder at West Marine that I can sling over the gunnel. It fits perfect over the gunnel but getting the first foot up can be difficult. I'd buy the four step if you really plan a lot of re boarding. I also had Velcro straps sewed on the pad so the ladder is secure underway. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Red Roar 1978 24SE restoration starts-img_1502.jpg   Red Roar 1978 24SE restoration starts-img_1503.jpg  

Last edited by Ing; 01-13-2015 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 183 Posts

Go to http://slideanchor.com and take a look at the side step platform
Old 01-13-2015, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Roar
a bump really for the same question as i am about to start wiring it all and wanted to see what came via the ignition switch as regards power and what was powered direct via switches and breakers.
russell
the standard mercruiser engine wiring diagrams are all over the web. pretty much covers engine and guages. just google it. as far as the rest of the boat, you're right . being an electrical engineer is no help at all. 30 years of back yard a$$holes sticking any wire they could find anywhere the inspiration of too many beers while working on the boat makes most boat harnesses look like a bird's nest on steroids. just remember. you can't use the hull as a ground path back to the battery like a car...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.