Is Pantera still around? >

Is Pantera still around?

Notices

Is Pantera still around?

Old 08-16-2016, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indy
It won't come back, it can't at those prices. The younger generation is broke and struggling, those of us anywhere in the greater ballpark of retirement won't drop that coin for a toy. We are solid middle class and purchasing our new Nordic for $64 (or whatever it was) was not a stretch, now double that and we're on the outside looking in.

I'm pissed, boating is in my blood, and I actually think it's in my DNA, the water puts a real zap on me when I'm anywhere near it...I'm obsessed. But this is out of control. Someone will someday come out with a new technique/material to make this affordable but I'll probably be dead by then. Until that time it'll have to be a used boat and we'll have to be committed to continuous upgrades and repairs which will get old after a while.

Signed: Very depressed.
Great reply. Something tragic about clicking "like" on it. I'm bummed about your accurate portrayal of whats happening.
I too am "boat" bitten. Must be the Norwegian in me.

The used stuff will be around for a while and after that will dwindle out, but the builders are dying.

Like you said this latest generation of kids doesn't even want to have a get a drivers license, much less a truck something like a boat is a foreign concept.

I started the thread because I though maybe I could setup something between LaveyCraft and Pantera to continue to service the clients they have.

The idea of 2 family companies with racing heritages under one roof is appealing to me, but with so little demand for new product its a very tricky proposition.

Im certain we can put the quality and rigging the name and fanbase demands in them, but there is a wide bridge between where we are now and there.

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 08-16-2016 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Also well said Uncle Dave. Tied up to a nice 28 Pantera at the Buffalo Poker Run. Made me somewhat sad, Velocity and Pantara, two great brands, gone.

Had dinner with John (Bup) the new Lavey sounds exciting.

Padraig
Old 08-16-2016, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
Buy my boat and put stock seats in it. No difference in how the boat is built from the F1 to the Sport. Just little different dash and small cabin area. Anything can be changed to make it pleasure. Just dont want to be the one to turn the notorious F1 boat into a pleasure. But im ok if you do once im paid.

Everyone one i talk to on the lake say they never use the cabin. It fills up with water toys bags and towels. No one actually sleeps in the cabin unless its a emergency.
We sleep and have slept on ours often for days at a time. I had a 99 28 that I bought new and now have an older 28 that I have done alot of stuff to, hopefully done soon only motors left and they are supposedly on the way. The last prices I saw for a new 28 was up there, kinda crazy but sure would be sweet to have a new one, but like someone else said, I am getting older and that seems crazy to spend that much on a boat like that for a middle class guy like me.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Thinking about it, its sad. But wouldnt if he cool if 50~60k could get a young guy with the need for speed into something like a 24 pantera with a black merc warrantied 500 hp ls based bulletproof motor hooked to an XR. Alas such a thought is all rainbows and unicorns....
Old 08-16-2016, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

I hate to think about this kind of thing but you guys are correct. Weird to age and see the changes in generations, and the economy, heck the world for that matter.. I'll die loving hot rod boating. I'll have one until I can no longer afford it or my health fails.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
Thinking about it, its sad. But wouldnt if he cool if 50~60k could get a young guy with the need for speed into something like a 24 pantera with a black merc warrantied 500 hp ls based bulletproof motor hooked to an XR. Alas such a thought is all rainbows and unicorns....

Thing is that is an excellent hull (24x7) to get a regular guy to and from Catalina. Great starter and not so starter rig with bigger power.

A so cal guy could use a good 24 footer on the ocean lake and river and get it there with a half ton truck.

Real tight on that kind of dough maybe 60k for a small block and 70 for a big block one color no bag.

Prepare for it to lose 20% of its range compared to what you guys (and all of us are used too) due to the new EPA tank requirements. Still good for Catalina but San Diego is now out of the one shot run from Marina Del Rey. You now need an interim fuel stop.

UD
Old 08-16-2016, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Thing is that is an excellent hull (24x7) to get a regular guy to and from Catalina. Great starter and not so starter rig with bigger power.

A so cal guy could use a good 24 footer on the ocean lake and river and get it there with a half ton truck.

Real tight on that kind of dough maybe 60k for a small block and 70 for a big block one color no bag.

Prepare for it to lose 20% of its range compared to what you guys (and all of us are used too) due to the new EPA tank requirements. Still good for Catalina but San Diego is now out of the one shot run from Marina Del Rey. You now need an interim fuel stop.

UD
Thats why they invented Oceanside..... lol
Old 08-16-2016, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave

UD
What is the EPA tank reqiuerments?
Old 08-16-2016, 07:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
What is the EPA tank reqiuerments?
All tanks sold now have to have a vapor recovery (big charcoal canister you have to put somewhere and hose up) and anti over flow protection.

Its kind of like an OPD overfill nozzle on a propane tank. Same physical size tank- you just get "about" 20% of the capacity reduced.

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 08-16-2016 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
Thats why they invented Oceanside..... lol
Or Dana Point!

UD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.