Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
New 28 Pantera >

New 28 Pantera

Notices

New 28 Pantera

Old 10-13-2002, 05:36 PM
Johnny Rescue

Default New 28 Pantera

Hey everyone, I am planning on purchasing a new 28 from Joe (he is going to be getting a call this week You guys seem like a really cool group and I look forward to calling myself a Pantera owner very soon. So long Baja...

I am looking to do a single engine set-up with either: HP500 EFI, 525SC, or Innovation 600 EFI. Anybody got some speed numbers to go with these different engines.

I want to run the boat in some Poker Runs in FL and possibly the Suncoast Offshore Grand Prix (P4 or P3 class). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe, be gentle when you quote me a price... I am a Firefighter / Paramedic (I've been saving money along with few lives to pay for it) Just remember they are not paying public safety personnel like professional atheletes yet!!!

Thanks everyone and be safe...

Johnny

Old 10-14-2002, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Johnny,

I have a 2003 Pantera 28 that Jo built me and it has a 575sci with the ITS system. I thought about the Innovation engine, but I really wanted the ITS, I also thought about the 525 which I probably would have gone with it, but at the time it was a Julyish release date on the engine and I wasn't sure how long we would really have to wait for it.

My boat isn't anywhere near broken in but the best speed so far is 74.4 with about 100 gallons of fuel and 3 people on board with dead flat water. You can follow the building of my boat on a thread below. I have a 28 lab finished bravo one and turned 4800 with it, we may have some tweaking to do yet but it will have to wait until next year, I want to get some hours on the boat and drive and then see where we are at. My boat has a sink and cooler, shorepower and footwells for the front bolsters. I really like the boat so far, fit and finish is great on it. Jo let me pick all the colors and threw in his suggestions when he had a concern.

Dangerkitty has one with a 600 in it and it is a fast boat, into the 80s I believe. I am sure he will be along soon and give you some good information.

Mike
Old 10-14-2002, 07:10 PM
Johnny Rescue

Mike,

I got to spend some time with Jo on the phone and I think I'm going to go with a HP525EFI. I'm pretty sure we are going to go with a 28, although, the extra money I could save by getting the 24 would earn some points with my wife.

The first priority now is getting rid of my Baja 20 Outlaw. That's paid for and is going to help offset the cost of the new boat.

Next week I'm going to go meet Jo and check out the plant. That should help me make the final decision. Anyway, once the project starts, I will keep everyone updated. I'm going to do Marine Machine steering and throttles, bolster the back seat, and probably do a half cabin. After seeing Jimbo's trick dash on his 28, I think I'm going to have Pantera customize mine and do something similar (not the same).

I got 2 names picked, just depends on what I have left for graphics to decide which one I go with...

Thanks for your help. Take care.

Johnny