Hey Jo, How "big" is the 24? >

Hey Jo, How "big" is the 24?

Notices

Hey Jo, How "big" is the 24?

Old 04-06-2003, 09:58 PM
Wildfire

Default Hey Jo, How "big" is the 24?

Jo,

I'm looking at Pat's 24 and am a bit concerned about the size of the 24, mostly the distance from the cockpit floor to the top of the windshield. Reason being, I'm 6'5" and don't want to look too goofy when running the boat in the stand up bolsters.

I've noticed that your new 24's are available with sit-down buckets. How do those work? Do you cut out the cabin wall to make room for the legs? If you have a pic or two, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-07-2003, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Wildfire,

Scott B member of this website with the GIGI 24 Pantera is 6 foot 4 inches and his boat has custom race sit down seats.You would definetely would stick out and look GOOFY.There is no need to cut out the bulkhead for extra leg room, just move the buckets further back.Scott B 24 has a standard pleasure cockpit with cabin door.He has the SE model while Pats 24 is a Sport model.

I could make you a set of custom race buckets with new side panels and back seat.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

JO
Old 04-08-2003, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm fat too and I still fit fine
Old 04-08-2003, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here is a picture from the front. I'm the short guy, 5'7", at the helm. The guy in the red shirt is 6'1" the guy far right is 6', and the guy in the back is about 6'3" and standing on the back seat. I don't think you would look goofy, but sitting still may be better.
Jo, how much for the new interior? I was quoted about $1500. I think my boat is still for sale because of the black.
Attached Thumbnails Hey Jo, How "big" is the 24?-dsc00422.jpg  
Old 04-08-2003, 02:44 PM
Registered

Hey Wildfire,

Here is a picture of the 2 race sit down seats.

You can stand up or sitdown in Pats 24 if you wanted to.Most of our customers that purchase 24s that are over 6 foot prefer to go sitting down.We put angled foot rest in each boat which allows you to angle yourself in with padding on the footrest which absorbs the energy in your feet while running in rough water.

Hi Pat,

I think the black looks great!!! I have more $$$ than that in a custom cockpit interior with powdercoated seat bases.If you are interested email me at [email protected] and I will work up a cost for you.

Regards,

JO
Attached Thumbnails Hey Jo, How "big" is the 24?-michelle-ruiz-5.jpg  
Old 04-08-2003, 02:49 PM
Registered

Hey Wildfire,

Here is a picture of the stand up bolsters with drop outs.We also changed the dash around a few years ago to a solid fiberglass windscreen.

Regards,

JO
Attached Thumbnails Hey Jo, How "big" is the 24?-gary-m-1.jpg  
Old 04-08-2003, 03:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Jo, I like the black too. Never looks dirty, if it gets hot, wet it down or throw a towel on it. Just asking $$ for potential customers. The interior does not need to be replaced.
Can't sit and drive my boat though. Your knees would hit the dash. The passenger can sit, my wife does when it's calm. She stands when it's rough. I would rather stand to read the water better.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wildfire it looks like you have the Pantera fever. Pats 24 looks like a good deal. PM me I know where a nice 92 24 pantera for a good price is. If you don't buy pats. How is the Magnum coming along. I sold the Apache and I am looking for a 24 skater.