5 blades on a 28 single?? >

5 blades on a 28 single??

Notices

5 blades on a 28 single??

Old 02-18-2004, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 blades on a 28 single??

Anyone ever try a 5 blade Hering or other prop on a single 28'?? Seems like I heard that Jo commented the hydromotive 5 blade did not have enough bow lift.

I'd sacrifice a digit or two on top if it resulted in more than that gained at a 3500RPM cruise. Running a labbed 28 now- 20% or so slip if I remember right.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kenny,

I have personally not tested a 5 blade on the 28' yet, but will be testing soon. Call Tom at Hydromotive or Throttle UP Props and see if you can try one out. Tom has recentley designed some new props that will offer more bow lift.

There is no way that your boat has a 20 percent slip rate at 17 1/2 with ITS due to drive height. I normally mount the drives on a 28' single at 17' with no setback box. Labbed prop might give you a little more slip but no way you would have 20 percent now. The 28' model with the drive height aand ITS you have now should be in the 10-11 percent slip rate.

Did you try a 1/2 spacer yet ?? I personally feel your drive is fine where it is at. Try a 26' Bravo 1 not labbed and see what it does for RPM and see if you notice anything different in acceleration.Also you can try putting 100 pounds of weight near the transom and running the boat and see what it does to your slip.It will help sqwat the transom down further. Make sure the weight does not move around, only flat water.

I will let you know as soon as I test a 5 blade prop.

Regards,

JO
Old 02-19-2004, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kenny,

I have personally not tested a 5 blade on the 28' yet, but will be testing soon. Call Tom at Hydromotive or Throttle UP Props and see if you can try one out. Tom has recentley designed some new props that will offer more bow lift.

There is no way that your boat has a 20 percent slip rate at 17 1/2 with ITS due to drive height. I normally mount the drives on a 28' single at 17' with no setback box. Labbed prop might give you a little more slip but no way you would have 20 percent now. The 28' model with the drive height aand ITS you have now should be in the 10-11 percent slip rate.

Did you try a 1/2 spacer yet ?? I personally feel your drive is fine where it is at. Try a 26' Bravo 1 not labbed and see what it does for RPM and see if you notice anything different in acceleration.Also you can try putting 100 pounds of weight near the transom and running the boat and see what it does to your slip.It will help sqwat the transom down further. Make sure the weight does not move around, only flat water.

I will let you know as soon as I test a 5 blade prop.

Regards,

JO
Old 03-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have purchaced a 5 blade from Mike at halls he put some bow lift in it I hope to test this weekend /again If you want a prop tuned for your boat Mike is the man all others are imitations if I spelled it corectly ? This one has been straightend labed n and he re curves the blades Im prety sure Jo had mikes on the race boat ??Brian
Old 03-02-2004, 06:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Im prety sure you need a high X to make the 5 blade work I do many dont
Old 03-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

5 blade on new propshaft in test this week looks good ??
Old 03-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Registered

Which 5 blade did you start with? I'm about to buy a p5X from throttle up.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

A halls prop I wouldnt buy a throttle up they dont have the experence in my opinion I bought a 30 hydromotive . Thers more to a 5 blade than a regular prop most likely it will slow you down if not real careful . How high is your x dim you do not have a transom notch right . Reason I say be careful 5 blades are real rough out of factory they need a lot of attn to detail. Unless its a herring witch Mike says they are not as fast as the hydro for us . By the weekend I will have some good input on the subject I hope . Brian
Old 03-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Do you have a spacer in it now ??
Old 03-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Registered

B-stubb- which hydro though? I thought the older semi cleaver hydro had been run on our boats and found to have "inadequate" bow lift???

The "stock" P5x has been tested and gotton favorable results vs a labbred bravo- no top end loss, but 5mph + picked up in cruise rpms. It's designed more for bow lift and looks to be a 5 blade bravo design.

My x is 17.5", no notch, no spacer and 7" of ITS set back.

Have you got a number for Halls?

Quick Reply: 5 blades on a 28 single??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.