Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Phantom
34' Great Boat - No Bullsh*t >

34' Great Boat - No Bullsh*t

Notices

34' Great Boat - No Bullsh*t

Old 06-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Smarty;2888583]Pictures of Steve E.'s 34' Phantom and our boat. Steve's son - Steve Jr. took the running shot pictures; my boat was running either low or mid-eighties in the picture (due to driver error and prop work that backfired, lost 4 mph top end), Steve's boat was faster yesterday; it looks good and acclerates strong.

We will run again, he is a good dude, and I had a great day out on the water.

(I want my 4 mph back!!!!!!!!!!!!) [/QUOTE

i'm also still dialing mine in, since i took my sand bags out of the front the boat it handles different so i'm trying to ajust. i need someone who is good with carbs so i can get mine dialed in better,i have a black film on the back of the boat from running alittle rich. last fall i seen a little over 90 and the best this year is 87 so i think some carb ajusting and recheck the timing is in order.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=p29steve;2888748]
Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
Pictures of Steve E.'s 34' Phantom and our boat. Steve's son - Steve Jr. took the running shot pictures; my boat was running either low or mid-eighties in the picture (due to driver error and prop work that backfired, lost 4 mph top end), Steve's boat was faster yesterday; it looks good and acclerates strong.

i'm also still dialing mine in, since i took my sand bags out of the front the boat it handles different so i'm trying to ajust. i need someone who is good with carbs so i can get mine dialed in better,i have a black film on the back of the boat from running alittle rich. last fall i seen a little over 90 and the best this year is 87 so i think some carb ajusting and recheck the timing is in order.
Alot people in the Philly area use Dean Nickerson (he is a carb guy), I do not have any first hand experience with Dean, or call Bobby Wallace at Offshore.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Registered

go see dean, you get what you pay for but he is the best.
ask for the full race treatment and let them know what your running!

smart, get bblades involved!!!! you will find that they know their stuff. we worked with them all in dialing the 32 and 38 even the sut.

good luck
Old 06-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=p29steve;2888748]
Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
Pictures of Steve E.'s 34' Phantom and our boat. Steve's son - Steve Jr. took the running shot pictures; my boat was running either low or mid-eighties in the picture (due to driver error and prop work that backfired, lost 4 mph top end), Steve's boat was faster yesterday; it looks good and acclerates strong.

Give Tim Zepp a call ( he tuned 56 hp ) on the dyno .
we showed up with Nickersons ... after some drilling and jet / booster changing .First pull before any carb work was @ 560 hp ... 616 hp final pull.
Tim Zepp Racing Engines 856-589-5658
Old 06-17-2009, 06:41 AM
Registered

I took a few too.
Attached Thumbnails 34' Great Boat - No Bullsh*t-1g.jpg   34' Great Boat - No Bullsh*t-1f.jpg   34' Great Boat - No Bullsh*t-1e.jpg  

34' Great Boat - No Bullsh*t-1d.jpg   34' Great Boat - No Bullsh*t-1c.jpg  
Old 06-17-2009, 06:42 AM
Registered

Couple More
Attached Thumbnails 34' Great Boat - No Bullsh*t-1b.jpg   34' Great Boat - No Bullsh*t-1a.jpg  
Old 06-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The pictures look great. I did not realize you were snapping shots. Thank you. It was great to be back at Lloyd's Creek. that was THE favorite place to stop for my father, he loved it there. He could bullsh*t about engines, mechanical stuff or whatever with the guys, and or girls there too.

Perfect example of how good the boaters at Lloyd's Creek are; you took pictures and posted them here, others helped me when I pulled in to anchor, tie-off, ect. Everytime I have been there every one has always been nice, helpful. And the memory of my father was talked about Sunday, people do genuinely care. Good people, good times, and we all like hot-rods. Good combination. And I like it there too.

Someone suggested to my Aunt who was in the boat, that we should name the boat; he suggested "Alan's Dream." It was my father's, Alan R. Jones, goal/dream to see this boat through to where it is today (just faster, but that is coming). That is a good suggestion.

Thanks,

Stephen
Old 06-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Registered

Your Welcome Steve!!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Man I can't wait to get out there! Those pics look great. See you guys soon....
Old 06-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Registered

where is Llyod's creek?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.