Ft Myers Offshore

Old 01-26-2006, 10:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Ft Myers Offshore

Originally Posted by Wildman1
Guys:
I want to be involve in all the runs. Can you please keep posting the event dates.
Thanks
Steve
AKA Blondes Preferred
Ah yes,

Steve with the blondes and the gas card !! I'm sure you will not have a problem. Next year you will have to bring that Powerquest down here. Keep in the loop Steve and we will see you soon.
Bob
Old 01-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regarding Poker Cruises, as mentioned earlier in this thread:

When I ran the Poker Cruise out of Caloosa Isle last year we used the term "cruise" to indicate that we were not organizing a race and that anyone, regardles of the age or aesthetics of their boat, was welcome to join the day. I was simply trying to differentiate our casual fun run event from the much more organized, faster paced Poker "Runs" put on by FPC and PRA. I just did not have the resources to put on an event the magnitude of those put on by FPC and PRA.

I think the idea of an overnight fun run or cruise is outstanding. I also like the idea of a raftup and a picnic or barbeque on Keewaydin.

Tom
Old 01-26-2006, 11:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by captnate
There is also Shane's Cabana Bar on the water just north of The Dock Restaurterant,they have great floating docks and we can call ahead for slips and you can raft off there will no problems.
Good helpful info. We will put Shane's on the short list. Also Tom [ MegaByte*3 ] has suggested a club that he has access to. Any other suggestions for a Naples lunch stop.
There is not enough dockage at Tin City. Not long ago I went under the 41 bridge and tied up at Bayfront [ really neat spot ] and went to the waterside bar. Lots of dockage and dockmaster made us feel very welcome. Only question might be if the bar could handle all of us? Also just beyond that is Crabby Joe's or Bill's ? Has anyone gone in there by boat ?
Bob
Old 01-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Registered

dgduck13:

No disrespect intended toward Dean. I know very well the effort he is outting into his place. Simply offering my opinion on which equipment I would want handling my boat.

Tom
Old 01-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Registered

Bob :

The other restaurant you are referring to is Joe's Crab Shack. I have used their docks for promotional events in the past and they have been very accomodating.

The restaurant choices at Bayfront are a bit more upscale than Joes Crab Shack. Just depends on our mood that day.

Tom
Old 01-26-2006, 11:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3

[B]regardles of the age or aesthetics of their boat, was welcome to join the day.

Tom, does this mean we have to let Bayliners come ?? LOL Joking of coarse. Did anyone follow that Inside Bayliner thread - that was the funniest thread ever.

[B]I think the idea of an overnight fun run or cruise is outstanding. I also like the idea of a raftup and a picnic or barbeque on Keewaydin.Tom
These are going to happen. Just need to sort out when. I hope you will join us as we value your and everyones contribution. Look forward to meeting you soon.
Bob
Old 01-26-2006, 12:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3
Bob :

The other restaurant you are referring to is Joe's Crab Shack. I have used their docks for promotional events in the past and they have been very accomodating.

The restaurant choices at Bayfront are a bit more upscale than Joes Crab Shack. Just depends on our mood that day.

Tom
Thanks Tom,

Joe's Crab Shack on the short list as well. Your right, Bayfront will be bit stuffy for us.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Awesome! OSS web site is showing Ft Myers for May 19-21.

I don't know what I was looking at earlier.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
Awesome! OSS web site is showing Ft Myers for May 19-21.

I don't know what I was looking at earlier.
Then I guess the hottie that gave me that T shirt knew what she was talkin about !! LOL

Are there any offshores up there in Port Charlotte? Do you have a boat and will you be joining us for the Feb. 4th run?
Bob
Old 01-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Recovering from 2 recent kidney surgeries. I have been suffering for about a year now. Finally feeling better. Will not make this event, but expect to be crushing waves this spring/summer.

No offshore boats to speak of up here in Port Charlotte or Charlotte Harbor.

At present have several boats,
37 OuterLimts, Skater, 23 stringray

Raced as A-1 & B-19 RUNAWAY 28ft magnum during 90's

check out my web site www.dkorinc.homestead.com

Quick Reply: Ft Myers Offshore

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.