Notices

Chicago Poker Run

Old 01-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicago Poker Run

Has Anyone Been To It, How Ruff Is The Water. We Have A Small Cat And I Have Never Been On Lake Mich. We Generaly Run Lake Of The Ozarks Can It Get Any Ruffer Than That?
Old 01-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Registered

Default Re: Chicago Poker Run

If water is calm you'll be fine. If it's rough like last year, 6-8's
you will sit at the dock like 57 of 80 participants did for the morning run.

Afternoon run most made it.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Registered

How Many Miles In 6 To 8, All Day? I Havent Turned Around Yet. I Would Try It Once. I Would Try To Break My Boat But Id Try It To Run It Before I Sat On The Dock
Old 01-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Registered

The first leg was about 60-70 miles and the roughest water I've run hard in. The second leg north into downtown Chi-town was 50-60 miles.

Come on up, a great group of people, everyones equal. Great value with premium open bars both nights.

Last year was extreme, I'm sure it will be easier this time.

You do not have to be a member just pay the entry which is limited to only 85 boats. Look forward to meeting you. You'll have a great time.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cat man do
Has Anyone Been To It, How Ruff Is The Water. We Have A Small Cat And I Have Never Been On Lake Mich. We Generaly Run Lake Of The Ozarks Can It Get Any Ruffer Than That?
Yep!!!! My ride two years ago was with LOTO locals and a 36' Nor-Tech cat...they couldn't believe how rough it got!!! Boat was an 140++ capable...we averaged what maybe 90? LOL Wildest ride I've been on to-date bar none! But come on up, it is an all around great time!
Old 01-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Registered

Does The Run Go Through Chicago And Under The Bridges Ect.? Ps I Will Bring My Kidney Belt I Have Driven Past Several 35 To 38 V Bottoms And They Claimed It Was Ruff Out I Had To Laugh. We Might Try It. Thanks Its Close To Us In Omaha We Travel Alot Mostly Havassu And Lake Of The Ozarks Is There A Web Site With Sign Up Info?
Old 01-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Registered

The run is from East Chicago, Indiana to Michigan city and back for lunch. Then north to Navy Pier, Buckingham Fountain and back. Some took the tour, OSO Steve and others, thru some bridges in downtown. As usual, the first card stop is the one that matters, then laid back from then on.

http://cpc.clubexpress.com/

Old 01-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

No the run does not go into the city...you would need to go through a set of locks and that alone would add TONS of time to the run....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 01-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Last summer the run was the worst water I have been in. The year before was rough but not nearly as bad. Normally I do not even bother with Lake Michigan with forecasts with those water conditions. But it was the Poker Run and we entered. I turned around with a 39' cat in the morning run. I do not enjoy beating the snot out the boat, scaring passengers or breaking hardware. Yes, there were a lot of damaged boats, even a Cig with a bottom blown out and sinking in the morning run. The afternoon it calmed down enough that we could run 110+. It is a very fun Poker Run and normally lake Michigan is not that rough.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Registered

I thought you said 75-80 max was what you ran in the afternoon? I know I asked but maybe it was someone else I talked with.

Quick Reply: Chicago Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.