2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th >

2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th

Notices

2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th

Old 10-08-2007, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
Looks cool guys. Boy that water looks flat.
my back says different I guess the big boys might agree but we couldn't hang with the big boys but we didn't get passed by the group behind once we hit the narrows it was a great ride
I am just glad 35 years ago Don and his crew were building things to last
Old 10-08-2007, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

throttle up 466, do you have a cigarette maxx boat? got any pics?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Few more
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th-lake-george-2007-nikon-d-50-058-oso.jpg   2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th-lake-george-2007-nikon-d-50-059-oso.jpg   2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th-lake-george-2007-nikon-d-50-060-oso.jpg  

Old 10-08-2007, 07:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What a day it was!
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th-lake-george-2007-nikon-d-50-061-oso.jpg   2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th-lake-george-2007-nikon-d-50-064-oso.jpg   2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th-lake-george-2007-nikon-d-50-065-oso.jpg  

Old 10-08-2007, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mattyboy
my back says different I guess the big boys might agree but we couldn't hang with the big boys but we didn't get passed by the group behind once we hit the narrows it was a great ride
I am just glad 35 years ago Don and his crew were building things to last
Mattyboy,

Hey it was a great time meeting you and Ken and we should do some boating before the snow flies.You guys looked great on the video from the copter when you were running through the narrows.

Nordic95
Old 10-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob, another fantastic job. I was very impressed at the excellent organization with the groups/pace boats. Definately kept everything under control, and actually added more to the fun. Thanks again and looking forward to future runs.

Joe
Old 10-08-2007, 08:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like it was a blast. Sorry I missed it. I won't miss it next year!!!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Registered

Great run Bob, we know you worked real hard and had to kiss alot of LG butts to make this one happen. Thanks for putting on a great Poker Run.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by throttleup466
I think quite a few people will have suggestions!
Lets kick it off with some simple ones...
1.Faster than average speed of 51mph(according to gps,on plane)
2.Not too sure of the logic of the packs boats going North and South at the same time and turning in front of each other...collision at 60+60=120?
3.Lose the good old boys/local yokle garbage (It seems they have their own set of rules for their buds...no life jackets, following pace boats, etc.)
4.How about the awards ceramony, I must have missed it?
5.Bob could lose the bug in his A$$ and learn to treat people with respect. I was witness to at least three situations that could have been handled more appropriatly(I would be glad to elaborate if needed).

I am sure there was a lot of planning, help, and volunteer work that went into this event by quite a few people. It is a shame that LGPBA have a rep./leader that portrays himself in such a manner as myself and many others witnessed.
Otherwise..Great food, great band, great weather, awesome group of fellow boaters!!!!
I lost my cool 2x during the whole weekend. Sorry if you were there to witness them both, but oh well. I am the most easy going person around. I am sure that most all the other 399 people and 108 boats involved will back me on this one. I apologize to you if I offended you with my behavior, but you stand in my shoes with everything thats going on and some of the things people say and do and Ill sit back and watch how you handle the situation.

The route given to you was the route the was planned out by us and all police agencies involved and was thought out with more than just us involved. Other things were going on on the lake that we needed to avoid, besides you only averaged 51 mph and had great visibility on a wide lake, shouldnt have been a issue if you were behind a pace boat.

no local yokel deal on my end, we ran it like a business. Told everyone the way it was going to be and followed thru with what we said. I had one boat tell me about people not wearing life jackets but he couldnt tell me who's boat it was. I was a card stop and witnessed all having their jackets on except for 2 boats, and there had them in hand and were advised to put them back on before going back on plane. I did witness many boats following us around that we not involved in the run. I will review all video and pics from the helicopter and confirm,and deal with any offender

Awards ceremony ?? are you kidding me, We had a nice one that many gifts were given out, 5 real nice trophys were awarded $$$ was paid out to the winners. If you were in the crowd you couldnt have missed it. Thats all Im going to say on this, no debating ... no going back and forth explaining anymore. We are always up for ideas for improvement but that can be done face to face or by telephone

Bob Scanlon
518 361-6521

Last edited by otis311; 10-08-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by talon25
Great run Bob, we know you worked real hard and had to kiss alot of LG butts to make this one happen. Thanks for putting on a great Poker Run.
Morgan, can you call me. In eed to speak to you No big deal, just something that needs clearing up

Thanks

Bob

Quick Reply: 2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.