Notices

2008 Sacandaga Poker Run

Old 06-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There some nice pics on the Sunsation site. Go to www.sunsationboats.com and click the 'forums' tab.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Chris for putting on a great run! Had a great time as expected. Somewhere along the line my crew and I had 1 too many Jager Bombs... I think I will leave it at that.

Jamie
Old 06-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Registered

Chris,
Count us in for next year! We had a great time and met some great people. (Not to mention the $1500.00 2nd place prize). Thanks to Lanzi’s and Sports Island Pub for accommodating everyone and providing plenty of docking space and to Mary & Bruce for using your launch and providing trailer parking. It was nice to meet and talk to Joe from Sunsation Powerboats. The F4 was pretty impressive. In 3 weeks (July 19th) the Rochester Offshore Powerboat Association will be having our 18th annual Seneca Lake Battleship Run. This is always a great run benefiting Mercy Flight and C.U.R.E. Childhood Cancer. We are always looking for new faces to join us for the run. Check out our website for more information. www.rochesteroffshore.com

Randi & Greg Beach

www.rochesteroffshore.com
Old 06-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

90Velocity, Jim's 3rd arm must come in handy when driving and throttling that nice Sutphen.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rXiugxTUGRA

Check out the end of the video!
Old 06-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DRIPPINWETII
Thanks Chris for putting on a great run! Had a great time as expected. Somewhere along the line my crew and I had 1 too many Jager Bombs... I think I will leave it at that.

Jamie
1 too many???!!!

I am glad you and your "crew" had a good time.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tony saouma
Chris
We had a great time, you put in a lot of your time and effort to make sure it was organized and fun for all. Damn weather. I'm sure we will catch up with you at some point this summer. Thanks again for rising above the drama and setting this up.

Thank you. I am glad you had a good time and hope to see you this summer. Next year I hope to make even better.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by XPRESS 33PP
90Velocity, Jim's 3rd arm must come in handy when driving and throttling that nice Sutphen.

That was the only way to keep it at full throttle!
Old 06-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I need to echo the compliments.

This was my second Sacandaga run, and had a ball. Winning top hand doesn't suck either. Funny thing is, my navigator missed the card handoff at the 3rd card stop so Chuck and Dave actually drew our 3rd card - thanks guys!!!

This was the first poker run that I actually brought my wife and kids to - and it paid off. My wife witnessed me actually taking in more money than I spend on a weekend poker run so she knows it can be done - as a result, I actually think she'll be giving me less grief as I try to emulate Chuck's Poker Run schedule.

Unfortunately, since I had the family with me, I missed out on the late night Sport Island antics - I'll have to figure that one out by next year.

Chuck and Bruce, thanks for letting me pass you on the first leg while my kids were watching on shore and cheering me on - they video taped it. Look for the footage up on www.eliminator.com - Just kidding.

How about the Rochester contingnet collecting 1st and 2nd money hands??? GBeach we'll have to bring more with us next year.

Chris, it was amazing to me that this was the first poker run you organized. It realy came off nicely and through the whole event you never even looked a little frazzled. Kudos to you and the sponsors. It really was enjoyable. I really love your lake.

It was great seeing the gang again.

SBRT - Paul, Anthony, etc.. BTW, Tantrum and Stecz you are both severly lame for missing this one you bastages - yes I AM talking to you.

Bruce, Mary, Joe & Snowmobile chick wife (forgot her name Joe), Chris, Chuck, Dave, et al.

It's really nice to have events like this without drama (ie local authoroties breathing down your neck, etc..)

Thank you for giving me and my family the memories.

....oh yeah...and thanks for the cash.

Cheers, cioa, and keep the dry side up! Look forward to seeing you all next year - with faster motors in my coupe
Old 06-30-2008, 07:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by XPRESS 33PP

I like the begining of this video
Old 06-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Registered

Just wanted to say thanks to Chris for such a good job and to all the participants that really put on a great show for the spectators as well as keeping it safe for everyone else.

Way to go all!!!

Quick Reply: 2008 Sacandaga Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.