Smith Mountain Lake PR May 17th, SouthWest Virginia >

Smith Mountain Lake PR May 17th, SouthWest Virginia

Notices

Smith Mountain Lake PR May 17th, SouthWest Virginia

Old 03-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo
Does this run usually fill up? Thinking about coming up. I have never been on the lake. I was coming last year, but had to work......
On average Jay, it is anywhere from 50-60 boats. However, this is a perfect size given the size of the lake. This is one of my favorites as the lake is really nice and is home to several good people here on OSO (Rich, Will, Jim,).

You can rent a condo at Bernard's Landing (rather inexpensive I might add) and make a nice weekend out of it. In fact, this year the SMLPBA is getting involved with some pre-run activities and is advising the SMLBA on how to improve the run. We always have a good time and I am looking forward to it..
Old 03-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

Thanks Shawn! I hope it works out that I can make it . I will probably be flying solo. That is Carol's weekend at the Beach with the girls. Beach music festival. Will you guys be going up on Friday?
Old 03-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Registered

they will be giving out coozies,poker chips at the stops and then when you return to the dock for the evening you turn in your chips for cards. works better this way and adds some excitement,
the tying up thing might be gone too! :
Old 03-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So is the place to stay, Bernards Landing ??, I have called and left a message, are they offering a discounted rate for participants ? , checking their website they start the summer rates the week before this event, if both nights parties are up by the bridge, thats a long ride back in the dark.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ca$hed Out
You can rent a condo at Bernard's Landing (rather inexpensive I might add) and make a nice weekend out of it.
Better check that inexpensive part, I just got off the phone with them and for a 2bed condo for 2 nights, including tax and cleaning charge is 543.38, so I will not be staying there. I know there are some cheaper just as nice places up from the bridge, so I will check there, unless there are some suggestions, Bernards said they are not offering any type of discount for this event.

locked into Mariners Landing, saved 214 for the weekend stay over Bernards, call them though, rates on their website are not accurate.

Last edited by GoodTymn; 03-05-2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: update new info
Old 03-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Registered

Thats why I was hoping to find out some information about this event. I am unfamiliar w/ SML, then add that to not knowing where the run starts & ends, & where the dock party is kinda makes it difficult to try & make plans.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Registered

Indian pointe marina has a Inn on the water with a ramp and is very close to the bridge,about a 5 minute boat ride, has gas,store, and a nice restaurant, the slips are right outside you window, very quite and cozy.
they have 7 rooms available as of today, 95$ a nite 2 nite minimum,that includes ramp and dockage,
540-721-3307
like i said great little place, short car ride to the bridge(5 minutes) also maybe 2 minutes to Kroger, ABC store and Advance Auto and several other stores around Westlake plaza.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Registered

I think Indian Point is where we stayed last year and I'm pretty sure thats where we are stayin this year. Someone else booked the rooms this year. It was a nice place the rooms were nice and the slips are right outside the rooms. Like Will said only about a 5 min. ride to the bridge...Dean
Old 03-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Registered

I will staying on the water floating CONDO.........LOL
Attached Thumbnails Smith Mountain Lake PR May 17th, SouthWest Virginia-img_7790.jpg  
Old 03-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GoodTymn
Better check that inexpensive part, I just got off the phone with them and for a 2bed condo for 2 nights, including tax and cleaning charge is 543.38, so I will not be staying there. I know there are some cheaper just as nice places up from the bridge, so I will check there, unless there are some suggestions, Bernards said they are not offering any type of discount for this event.
I guess I should have given you the context. We rent a 5 bedroom for 4 couples and this is a much better bargain than a 1 or 2 bedroom (we rented a 1 bedroom for the Fun Run).

However, the SML crew all hang out at Bernard's. The Friday raft up as well as Fri and Sat night activities are all right there. Other benefits are the boat ramp and the restaurant is very nice. Just depends on what you're after....

With gas prices this summer, I ought to be looking to save where I can as well!

Last edited by Ca$hed Out; 03-05-2008 at 08:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Smith Mountain Lake PR May 17th, SouthWest Virginia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.