Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008 >

Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008

Notices

Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008

Old 04-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to know dates for either or both. Poker runs doesn't show a date but says September. CPBA doesn't show any date at all for Lake Norman in 2008.

What gives?
Old 04-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scaredy Cat
As normal your information is incorrect. I more than happily payed my $75.00 not $25.00 for myself and my two kids. We just had came for dinner, so we did not need to eat your food or drink your drinks from your party. We just stopped in to say hello to a few of our boating friends, and then we left. The reason I havent done the runs on lake norman, is because of the lake of confidence in there being a safe run. I do a possible ten runs a year through out the country and very well respect the poker run circut. I do believe Poker Runs America runs one of the safest and nicest poker runs, and I am more than happy to join with them and attend the run in September.
My information was not wrong, Who do think took your money . My wife did. You were making such a scene I had to be called . Something else you did not know the only reason you got in was because I said it was fine. Oh I am a guest of Skater Steve's. I know what you are and who you are. Its about time somebody lets you know. I am very sick of you and all your money that you think you have. You talked to Bill H from National Marine lately ? You are a very arrogant person and quiet frankly people are sick of it!!!!!!!!

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 04-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by socalstone
I'd like to know dates for either or both. Poker runs doesn't show a date but says September. CPBA doesn't show any date at all for Lake Norman in 2008.

What gives?
Socalstone the run is supposed to be July 19th . We are still working out the details.

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 04-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks! I'll mark it down and keep my eyes on the cpba site for updates!
Hope everything works out. Last year was a great time and a well executed event!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Registered

Talking lake norman

Kenny, look forward to attending the run,hoping my skater will be ready for Jacksonville fla.Keep us informed on the run.If it doent pan out we could always have a fun run.

Brian
Old 04-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Banned

I want to call PRA now and invite them to my lake so that I can also be the most hated performance boater in my community.....just like Kenny, good job buddy....

Not only have you alienated yourself from the locals you will most certainly will see time and time again on the lake....you are now going to be responsible for ruining performance boating on Lake Norman....

"Here is where you get into a MAJOR issue with a big run like that on Lake Norman. Its not that big a lake. (how far can you run WOT without backing off?) You don't own the water. You guys (CPBA) have done it the right way, talking to the right people, and not pissing off the wrong people. If PRA brings in a major run with 150 mph+ Cats/"V"'s, dry pipes etc the people that live on LN are gonna have a chit fit. How many regular boats are there out on a weekend? a lot. The big guys are gonna wanta run, and thats not going to go over well with the people with 50' Rays and Pontoons, who have the power to kick "go fasts" off Norman. So after they leave, the powers that be are only going to remember that it was "that damn loud Cig boat that almost hit me". Because they all look the same to non performance boaters. The water patrol can stop you 10 times a day for no reason, just because they want to. That will happen, and it will make boating on Norman useless for performance boats."

I cant take credit for the quote, but for what it's worth Kenny....you should rethink your motives. Long after the PRA and run is gone, just remember you have to live there amoungst people that dont like you...

Just my .02 Cents
Old 04-08-2008, 04:07 PM

Vagrant, It Is Very Funny ,You Know Me! You Know Nothing Of Me! And I Don't Care To Know Any Thing Of You. I Mind My Own Business Why Don't You Try !To Do The Same ! It Does Hurt My Fellinng That We Aren't Friends Eather. The Run Is Going To Happen Wether You Like It Or Not. This Run Will Be With A Major Charity When Have You Ever Given Anything Back!!!! I Do At Most Every Run Would You Like To Verrify It I'll Give You Some References .

Last edited by Scaredy Cat; 04-09-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Banned

The Run Is Going To Happen Weather You Like It Or Not..
FYI...it's whether, not weather. Weather is the temp or conditions outside you home, office, or shop.
This Run Will Be With A Major Charity When Have You Ever Given Anything Back!!!! I Do At Most Every Run Would You Like To Verrify It I'll Give You Some References .
I dont think this is about "how much you give", its about how much your going to "take" from everyone else..... The "aftermath" of your charitable event is what is of concern to people of the Lake Norman boating community.....you obviously dont care for the future of fellow performance boaters on your lake.

Last edited by long duck dong; 04-08-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:22 PM

Long Duck Dong Everyone Doesn't Agree With There Tast In Boating. So Like Crusers, Some Like Sport Boating , And Some Like Semi Performance And Then You Get Performance To The Extreme "me". You Dont Have To Run At Top Speed But For Sprint, People Like Myself Like The Ability To Use The Speed To Seperart The Boats So It Is A Safer Event. Spread The Boats Out , Speed Allows This. I Only Aleinated Myself From A Small Group, And Its There Seperation, They Just Think They Are Bigger Than They Are , As Well Asnot Quite As Important As They Think As Well. Ive Boated On Lake Norman For Over 15 Years And Have Never Been Stoped Or Anything.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:22 PM
skater brother
Platinum Member

Kenny it was nice meeting you in St.Pete hope you can make it down for the tic-faw 200

Quick Reply: Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.