Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008 >

Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008

Notices

Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008

Old 04-04-2008, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008

We are currently working with Poker Runs America on the Sept event on Lake Norman, presently a three day event with 1st day being for charity rides for Make a Wish and other kid related charities. CONFIRMED PROTICIPATION to date is... Scaredy Cat 40 Skater, Bud Light 44 MTI, Mercedes MTI, Triple XXX 47 Outer Limits, Xtreme Marine bringing two other MTI's, Poker Runs America 47 fountain, and other boats not confirmed for the first charity day. Second day, being poker run itself followed with awards party. Third day, looking into a nascar experience if it can be worked out. This run will be an upscale but not a high roller. Hope all of you will join.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Registered

We would like to run this event. Please sent me all the info you can. Lacation, hotels. times, fees etc. Thanks
Old 04-06-2008, 01:36 PM

i'll post all info as it become available , should be in the next month or so.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Registered

the group from SML might be interested as well.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 3:02 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: 'Sheryl MacKey, Poker Runs America'
Subject: Lake Norman Poker Run

David Ledford, President

Carolina Power Boat Association

David:

Thankyou for your recent e-mails regarding your Association's Lake Norman Poker Run which has been running for several years I understand. We were not aware of this until our Editor, Eric Colby wrote the story for Poker Runs America magazine which just appeared in out latest issue. You sure had an incredible event from all accounts!

We had been approached early this past year by some of our poker run customers to hold an event on Lake Norman as they felt it could be an ideal location for a poker run. However, they did not inform us, if in fact they were aware, of your run already in existence. It is not our practice to establish new events where events already occur, unless the area is sufficiently large enough to support substantial growth.

When we heard about your existing event, we immediately cancelled plans for our event this year knowing that the Lake Norman area would not fit any expansion criteria at this time. We certainly apologize for any mis-understanding that the announcement of our potential event may have caused with your association or its members.

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 04-08-2008, 08:20 AM

Vagrant, evidently you have not spoken with Bill Taylor of Poker Runs America. I had dinner with him last Friday and discussed the run on Lake Norman and It WILL be happening. We would love to have your participation in this event, if not then then quit posting no factual posting. The event will be great with or without your support.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Scaredy Cat
Vagrant, evidently you have not spoken with Bill Taylor of Poker Runs America. I had dinner with him last Friday and discussed the run on Lake Norman and It WILL be happening. We would love to have your participation in this event, if not then then quit posting no factual posting. The event will be great with or without your support.

Kenny, I am not sure why you say this is not Factual ,this email is from Poker Runs of America itself.

Last edited by vagrant; 04-08-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:26 PM

The letter that you are referencing is back from Nov 2007. Like I said, I have spoken to Bill Taylor and the run will happen with or without your support.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Scaredy Cat
The letter that you are referencing is back from Nov 2007. Like I said, I have spoken to Bill Taylor and the run will happen with or without your support.
It is not about me supporting it. You have no idea what we had to go through to do ours. For the email, it does not matter when it was typed. It specifically stats that they would not do the run. That is what I have issue with. Our club has worked very hard to put a safe run on. You know, you were at the banquet. Gripping about paying the 25 dollars to get in!

Old 04-08-2008, 12:58 PM

As normal your information is incorrect. I more than happily payed my $75.00 not $25.00 for myself and my two kids. We just had come for dinner, so we did not need to eat your food or drink your drinks from your party. We just stopped in to say hello to a few of our boating friends, and then we left. The reason I haven't done the runs on lake norman, is because of the lack of confidence in there being a safe run. I do if possible ten runs a year through out the country and am very well respect the poker run circut. I do believe Poker Runs America runs one of the safest and nicest poker runs, and I am more than happy to join with them and set up the run in September.

Last edited by Scaredy Cat; 04-09-2008 at 03:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Lake Norman Poker Run September 2008

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.