Harborfest this weekend in Norfolk

Notices

Harborfest this weekend in Norfolk

Old 06-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
Fireworks are Sat night around 9:00 (after dark of course) we are rafting up for the night but will have our 3 kids with us this year. My wife already told 2 of the girls to just flash our 3 boys right away and get it over with......"you boys are gonna see these anyway so let's just get it over with"!!!!

they didn't see the humor in it.
If any of your sons don't care to participate in the flashing "course" I will be happy to fill in for them.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:10 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullhead
If any of your sons don't care to participate in the flashing "course" I will be happy to fill in for them.
My kids are just as perverted as I am and they've already seen plenty. I'd let one sit in my lap for the "course" but after getting flashed.........the results would just be GROSS!!!

(I'm bringing the DS games and setting up the Xbox in the cabin, I figure no one will even know there with us!!)
Old 06-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My kids are just as perverted as I am and they've already seen plenty. I'd let one sit in my lap for the "course" but after getting flashed.........the results would just be GROSS!!!

(I'm bringing the DS games and setting up the Xbox in the cabin, I figure no one will even know there with us!!)

Tell me you didn't really just say that
Old 06-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

A bunch of us locals will be doing a raftup on the Western Branch of the E. River near the Portsmouth City park ramp (around the corner from the Harborfest). Used to do the cove down the intercoastal early, but not sure it's open this year though I hear it is. We typically raft for a few hours to loosen up, swim a bit, and get some activity with those who won't do the other raft before moving over to the Harborfest anchorage around mid-afternoon. Some Ocean Marine members will overnight there, and a couple of others have slips at Tidewater Yacht.

I don't plan(?) on overnighting this year, though I've thought that beofre. Probably will head home at some point and maybe do a little deck party (TBD). Sunday "maybe" tiki-bar depending on how the water feels Saturday. With hot days like today the water temp is spiking up fast.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

The Richmond crowd is staying at Bluewater friday night then anchoring in the harbor for sat night....come on down and join in. We usually have a fairly large crowd and the fireworks show is the best I've ever seen.

Besides...I wanna see that new ride!!!!!
My wife and I are considering shooting over to the Hampton Area on Friday - this great band is playing in Goodfella's right there in downtown hampton at the Block Party.

How many of you do you have coming in on Friday?
Old 06-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Is anyone doing just a day trip down the James on Saturday? Down Saturday morning, and back by dark on Saturday night?
Old 06-05-2008, 09:41 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
My wife and I are considering shooting over to the Hampton Area on Friday - this great band is playing in Goodfella's right there in downtown hampton at the Block Party.

How many of you do you have coming in on Friday?
5 boats that I know of for Bluewater friday....could be a couple others. 2 more were planning on riding the hook somewhere friday, at least 2 others are coming down Sat AM.(I actually expect more but haven't talked to anyone else)
Old 06-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

No Boat. I'm going to miss all the fun!
Old 06-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

5 boats that I know of for Bluewater friday....could be a couple others. 2 more were planning on riding the hook somewhere friday, at least 2 others are coming down Sat AM.(I actually expect more but haven't talked to anyone else)
I've got a slip right there at the Hampton Piers so I can just walk over and enjoy the Block Party - Maybe I'll stop in at Bluewater on the way in and introduce myself.....

Hey Hollowpoint - I saw your engine woes - any word yet on what it is?
Old 06-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.oceanmarinellc.com/marina/index.html
Still had a few slips left for Saturday night, as of yesterday.
Leavn Sat. AM from mouth of the Chickahominy around 930, if anyone wants to join.

Quick Reply: Harborfest this weekend in Norfolk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.