Notices

How big and fast?

Old 12-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
Yes, I remember him mentioning he lived in that area, near Rochester, NY. He had a pile of boats at the time, had just ordered some giant Sunseeker as well. I will check out the Seneca lake run too, that sounds pretty cool!. I really like Sunsation's, they are probably my favourite boat, well, next to Cigarette, OK, .......maybe Fountain?, Outerlimits are real nice too, hmmmm, guess I like em all!
What do you have now? I was thinking of doing that run also, it's my b-day that weekend and we usually hit some bars on the boat around here, so I'm not sure just yet.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2K Baja H2X, nothing fancy, pretty much stock, except stereo. No better way to spend a b-day than on the water, or any other day for that matter!.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You really need to check out the seneca lake pirates run!!! It'll be our groups 5th year this year. the people of the S.P.B.A. keep it fun and somehow make it better every year. I am not a poker run pro by any means but I can tell you its one not to miss. the run itself is only a small part of the weekend, its the friday and saturday night that makes it great. Last year on sunday Sunsation gave me a ride on their 43 at 100+ mph How many people get to do that!!!! Getting to meet and watch team taboo (great people) run their fountain race boat and their poker run beast!! team octane with their 30 phantom and I got to meet Mike Fiore of outerlimits......GOD I LOVE THEIR BOATS!! Adrenaline junkie with that bad daytona I could go on and on. the people are all great no matter what they run everyone is there to have fun A great group of people at seneca that weekend!!
Old 12-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by psychoboater
You really need to check out the seneca lake pirates run!!! It'll be our groups 5th year this year. the people of the S.P.B.A. keep it fun and somehow make it better every year. I am not a poker run pro by any means but I can tell you its one not to miss. the run itself is only a small part of the weekend, its the friday and saturday night that makes it great. Last year on sunday Sunsation gave me a ride on their 43 at 100+ mph How many people get to do that!!!! Getting to meet and watch team taboo (great people) run their fountain race boat and their poker run beast!! team octane with their 30 phantom and I got to meet Mike Fiore of outerlimits......GOD I LOVE THEIR BOATS!! Adrenaline junkie with that bad daytona I could go on and on. the people are all great no matter what they run everyone is there to have fun A great group of people at seneca that weekend!!

As far as "the total experience" is concerned - I have to agree with Psycho - if you can make it down to the Pirate run on Seneca, you will most certainly be hooked. These boyz do a solid job on this event. If I remember correctly one of the guys who organizes the event is running a rinker - "not that there's anything wrong with that"

That whole package down there is great for all. Great people. Great social activities (still waiting for the extreme cooler races thought) - and the lake is a great place for a run. It is very wide - so people can spread out. The St Lawrence can get a little cozy and test even the best antacids.

While our season is short out here you have a number of options in the neigborhood. I was merely mentioning the A-Bay run since it was in his back yard.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
Mach 1, You should think about doing the Great Sacandaga Lake(late June) and Lake George runs(columbus day w/end).

I have done Sacandaga the last 2 years(2 years ago in a 22' Scarab). A lot of people run balls out on this run, but most of the boats are single engine 28 footers. Speeds range from 55 MPH boats to 125+ MPH cats.

Lake George did not happen this past year because the organizer was too busy with other things, but the prior 2 years were a great time. They cap the speed at 60 on this run, so all the boats run together(staggerred start because there were 110 boats in '07 and the lake is only 1-2 miles wide).

The after-parties at both these runs are awesome. Plus, they are pretty cheap compared to other runs I have seen/been to.
Not this Scarab.....J/K, Lg 2007.... I was the guy in the 21' Checkmate with the 225 who was hardly ever in the water.
Attached Thumbnails How big and fast?-100_1380.jpg   How big and fast?-100_1414.jpg   How big and fast?-100_1433.jpg  

Old 12-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock85
Not this Scarab.....J/K, Lg 2007.... I was the guy in the 21' Checkmate with the 225 who was hardly ever in the water.
Yup, that was me in the Scarab. My dad was in the Black/Blue Progression with 300XS. He ran a 21 Checkmate with 225 in LG '06. You had the thing aired out I remember!
Attached Thumbnails How big and fast?-pops-runnin-checkmate.jpg   How big and fast?-scarab-check-docks.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 12-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by n20michael
Great!, I will definately check out the A-bay run, I have seen it advertised and seen [and heard] boats blowing by the cottage in the run, but, hadn't heard much about it, I do enjoy A-bay though, we have a cottage on the South Shore of Wolfe Island, if any members boat near there?, then let me know!, I come from a drag racing background, spent better part of 20 years in the sport, so, I am well aware of "somebody always being faster", speaking of which, I was at the 1K run a few years back and spoke to a fellow from NY with a boat called "Xtreme Xhibit" claimed the boat had run over 200MPH down south somewhere, he was hangin' out on his "wife's" 60ft Sunseeker at the time, I am pretty sure it was at that moment that I resided myself to NEVER bring a boat to the event!, Ha Ha!. I am VERY glad to hear most people are down to earth!, alot of times money means "ego", but, generally if you have a common interest you can get along pretty well with anyone. Thanks again for the input, have a safe Holiday everyone!

Michael
Michael, how close are you to the Wolfe Island cut or are you more up river towards Linda Island?

Ken
Old 12-20-2008, 11:27 PM
Registered

Hi Ken

I am actually in Murray Bay, South shore of the Island, towards the "foot", we are just North/East of Carlton Island, do you boat in that area?

Michael
Old 12-21-2008, 06:11 AM
Registered

I have a camp on Beadles Point between Dodge bay and Rose Bay. I stare at Carelton Island.

Ken
Old 12-21-2008, 06:43 AM
Registered

Michael, after Googleing Murray Bay, you are dead nuts across the river from me.

I am there most weekend starting after Easter, we will have to hook up.

Ken

Quick Reply: How big and fast?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.