Notices

SUN BUNS Manchac La.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RJAINLA
When leaving Madisonville (exiting the mouth of the Tchefuncta) you want to turn right (west) and keep the bouy's on your left. You will run parallel to the bank for a bit and then while following the bouy's you will eventually turn left (south) It's like a backwards "L" pattern. GPS heading from that location to the mouth of Pass Manchac is 30 17.668 and 90 18.235 Compass heading approximately 240 degrees. There will be electrical structures (power lines) that run the length of the west edge of Lake Pontchatrain, from a distance if you just aim for the two tallest ones it will lead you to the mouth of Pass Manchac. Hope this helps. Ray
Ray covered it pretty good. The only thing I would add is that their are two pairs of powerline towers that are taller than the rest. The first pair you see are at the Tangapahoe river. The second pair (and tallest) are at Manchac Pass. Also, you can look for the lighthouse at the entrance to the pass.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's up L J ? How is married life treating you? I've been in Texas now for almost 3 years. I haven't seen you guys in a long time. Hope everyone is o.k. Ray
Old 03-23-2009, 08:12 AM
Registered

Going great, managed to marry one that loves the water this time. Just had our shakedown cruise on Satruday, perfect boating weather.

You need to hook up to that AT and come make a run with us some time. Got some good things planned for this year.

Does your dad do email? Sent him one last week, didn't hear back. Maybe be better off calling him?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yes, he does e-mail. I believe his E-mail addy and ph# is on your BRBC roster. I know for sure that he is not one to be online surfing OSO. The last I talked to dad he was making the shakedown cruise. He did not make it?? Ray
Old 03-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Registered

No, wasn't there. Tommy B had talked to him last week and he wasn't going to be able to make it. I need to find out if he's going to make the poker run and what size shirt he needs. Will give him a call when I get a few minutes.

Take it easy man. We've considered moving over that way, still might when my wife gets out of school.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

L.J.,
If you ever consider moving this way look me up. At first my wife was not too happy about moving away from family, but after being here a while we cannot imagine being back in B.R. There is just so much more to do here in the Clearlake/Houston area compared to back home. Ray
Old 03-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Registered

Will do.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Registered

We have a chart made up of all the pertainant compass headings and Madisonville to the pass is 233 SW, Manchac Pass to Madisonville is 53 NE, Manchac Bridge to Tickfaw 325 NW, Blind River to Manchac Bridge 55 NE have a few more if needed.
Those were good directions given above. Remember "red right returning" when coming back into a pass, river etc from lake, offshore etc.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Registered

Looking forward to meeting some of you out there this summer.

Last edited by gsicard; 03-24-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Registered

gsicard,

What color is your VIP and what power? Buddy sold one a couple of years ago with a small block. Nice boat but he didn't keep it long.

Stop by if you see us tied up somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails SUN BUNS Manchac La.-dsc02502-medium-.jpg  

Quick Reply: SUN BUNS Manchac La.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.