Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
2011 "Jammin on the James"  July 9th  Richmond,VA. >

2011 "Jammin on the James" July 9th Richmond,VA.

Notices

2011 "Jammin on the James" July 9th Richmond,VA.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:20 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in Joby! I need some time out of this area! When do we start?

Wax on, Wax off! Drink full, Drink Empty!
Old 06-05-2011, 06:49 AM
A.T. Cult Member #4
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

34 days!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent 6 hours yesterday.. Steps 1 and 2 down... The Buffing is definately the worst step.. My arms are about to fall off.. Although I have the shurhold power buffer you still have to wax on and then wipe off after the buffer with the microfiber towels. Put her away for the next two weeks while I rebuild my kitchen... Then another 5 hours doing the polishing step.... She is beautiful!!!

Should be done just in time to tow her down!
Attached Thumbnails 2011 "Jammin on the James"  July 9th  Richmond,VA.-reflection.jpg   2011 "Jammin on the James"  July 9th  Richmond,VA.-boat-wax.jpg   2011 "Jammin on the James"  July 9th  Richmond,VA.-boat-wax-4.jpg  

2011 "Jammin on the James"  July 9th  Richmond,VA.-boat-wax-5.jpg   2011 "Jammin on the James"  July 9th  Richmond,VA.-boat-wax-3.jpg  

Last edited by OCDACTIVE; 06-05-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

“I would like to request that everyone not call them or patronize them in any manor

They DO NOT want the powerboats there” That is so far from the truth its pathetic.

Mike & June are great people, they own Jordan Point. I encourage everyone to continue to patronize Jordan Point. They have hosted the RPBA Poker Run for many years with great success. For the group running the RPBA now, I cannot believe you slammed Jordan Point. You definitely took the low road. I hope you all the success in your new location. With this I officially decline to participate in your event this year. Please refund my entry fee within the next 15 days. This is a sad day for all the hard work Joe & Steve did to get this run to where it is.

Last edited by Linster; 06-05-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Linster
“I would like to request that everyone not call them or patronize them in any manor ( Manner) (Manor, the land tenure unit under manorialism, a system of land tenure and organization of the rural economy and society in parts of medieval Europe. You might want to look up your words before making statements.

They DO NOT want the powerboats there” That is so far from the truth its pathetic.

Mike & June are great people, they own Jordan Point. I encourage everyone to continue to patronize Jordan Point. They have hosted the RPBA Poker Run for many years with great success. For the group running the RPBA now, I cannot believe you slammed Jordan Point. You definitely took the low road. I hope you all the success in your new location. With this I officially decline to participate in your event this year. Please refund my entry fee within the next 15 days. This is a sad day for all the hard work Joe & Steve did to get this run to where it is.
Your entitled to your opinion and I know there a big customer of yours. I'm sure you've heard there side of things. What they didn't tell you is the position they put me in.

Now lets get back to having a Poker Run instead of a spelling bee
Old 06-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Registered

Jordan Point owners told us a that we were good for the 2011 year poker run a year ago and 6 weeks prior to the event they want to charge us a substantial increase over last year. Jordan Point Marina told us that they DO NOT want the powerboats at there marina, it was our responsibility to inform our participants of these changes. The RPBA did not want anyone going to Jordan Point Marina only to be turned away and treated bad.
We are a nonprofit organization and want to raise as much funds for the Shriners Hospital as possible, I personally think that the previous RPBA members would be proud that we can donate to such a worthy cause. We will not be taken advantage of by a select few for there own
personal gain and greed.

Last edited by excursion; 06-05-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by excursion
Jordan Point owners told us a that we were good for the 2011 year poker run a year ago and 6 weeks prior to the event they want to charge us a substantial increase over last year. Jordan Point Marina told us that they DO NOT want the powerboats at there marina, it was our responseabilty to inform our participants of these changes. The RPBA did not want anyone going to Jordan Point Marina only to be turned away and treated bad.
We are a nonprofit organization and want to raise as much funds for the Shriners Hospital as possible, I personally think that the previous RPBA members would be proud that we can donate to such a worthy cause. We will not be taken advantage of by a select few for there own
personal gain and greed.
Very well said James

but you did spell responsibility wrong
Old 06-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Registered

Lol, corrected sir
Old 06-06-2011, 06:13 AM
A.T. Cult Member #4
VIP Member

33!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Registered

the sleep inn is "Sold Out" friday
Old 06-06-2011, 03:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by seltzer
the sleep inn is "Sold Out" friday
There are a couple more Hotels close by. I'm going to check them out tommorrow and give everyone an update.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.