June 23rd 2012 - Pirate's Run - Seneca Lake, NY >

June 23rd 2012 - Pirate's Run - Seneca Lake, NY

Notices

June 23rd 2012 - Pirate's Run - Seneca Lake, NY

Old 04-24-2013, 12:04 PM
AMP
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And for anyone who no longer wishes to come and is worried that they already booked a room...

This is taken directly from the Showboat's website:

"All deposits are refundable with a 48 hour notice of cancellation, except for holidays and special events which require a two week advance notice."

Bottom of page:
http://www.showboat-motel.com/accommodations.html
Old 04-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Registered

So the run is not going to happen now ?
Old 04-24-2013, 01:03 PM
AMP
Registered

Originally Posted by rssteiny
So the run is not going to happen now ?
No, the Run is not going to happen. No organized Run, no costume contests, auction or other crazy antics.

We have talked about having a band for Saturday night.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's gay! how the hell can't you get your sh%t together in the next two months to put on a run. cant be that hard, it's been the same thing year after year. you don't have to try and reinvent the wheel. this run is about as easy as it gets. keep it simple
Old 04-24-2013, 11:05 PM
AMP
Registered

Originally Posted by cig92
that's gay! how the hell can't you get your sh%t together in the next two months to put on a run. cant be that hard, it's been the same thing year after year. you don't have to try and reinvent the wheel. this run is about as easy as it gets. keep it simple
No, you're right, it can't be that hard that's why everyone and their brother puts on a Poker Run. You seem so passionate about it, why don't YOU put on the run? Just remember to keep it simple...
Old 04-25-2013, 06:15 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

I think Humphrey is For-Hire promoting poker runs. if you guys are to busy or cant figure it out give him a shout
Old 04-25-2013, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cig92

Thankyou.

Thanks for helping me prove my point to AMP. That AMP had already gone way beyond what he should have to do, for what ??

So that people who have NO CLUE what is involved in putting on these events can whine about every detail ? So that groups of participants can show up and piss off hotel/bar/rest. owners by bringing in their own alcohol/food/etc. onto the businesses' property for consumption and not patronizing the bar/rest. ? So that club members who do all this for CHARITY can defend these actions every year to the facility owners just to be allowed to come back ? So that every club member can assume some LIABILITY for the actions of every participant at the event ?

The Pirate's Run set 'the bar' very high for an entertaining weekend on the water and the officers never received the support from participants that was deserved.

SPBA had some great times and they will all say it was worth the work to have fun and support a great CHARITY.

If you are reading this and are disappointed that the event will not continue, ask yourself: "Did I take every opportunity to financially support this club, the host facilities, and the benefitting CHARITY ?" If you can honestly say YES, then you can be proud to say you were part of such a legendary event. If the answer is NO, you missed the whole point of all the fun the SPBA provided.

Hopefully SPBA's work has inspired some participants to organize their own charitable event, so SPBA can attend and relax- watching someone else try to 'reinvent the wheel'. I know of a facility where people have rooms, there's docks, a great lake to run on................would be 'EASY' !
Old 04-25-2013, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
I think Humphrey is For-Hire promoting poker runs. if you guys are to busy or cant figure it out give him a shout

This is just one more example of what you guys are doing to our hobby. Humphrey deserved your support just for giving his time and dedication. Please direct your energies into conserving and growing our hobby- not tearing it apart.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you have all missed my point. when i said keep it simple i meant keep it simple. know one cares about t-shirts, dinners, awards banquets, prizes, cooler races etc. that stuff is all nice but it's just a bonus i would have to say 95% of the people who come to these events just want to enjoy a nice day on the water with people that have a common bond. dont get to hung up on the small details. 150 a boat and driver passengers extra or what ever you want to charge, get the cards out and enjoy the run. the winner gets and high-five. people are not coming to your event because of the "extras", they are coming because of location, location, location and also the good people. oh i almost forgot, yes, i have put on a poker run or two, they call it the buffalo poker run. p.s. there was no intent on my behalf to slam anyone in your club, so if you took it that way then you have my apologies. kevin
Old 04-25-2013, 11:58 AM
AMP
Registered

Unfortunately some of those bonus items generated money. Money that helped cover the costs of the Run and hopefully as an added bonus gave us a little to donate to charity.

The simple fact of the matter is that no one has time, interest or desire to put on the Run this year. I don't know who this Humphrey guy is but I doubt there is even the money to hire this Run out. At least not with the insurance coverage we've had in the past that allows officers to sleep at night. Yeah, it sucks, but it is what it is.

I had a great time hosting the Run last year and going to the Run years prior. If I had the time I would try to power through putting things together this year by myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.