Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2012

Notices

Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2012

Old 09-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayne272
Anthony, in for helo and 2 for lunch. Wayne
Glad to hear your comeing Wayne...... What time you leaving the island ?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Registered

Heresjohnny, I'm leaving from the island around 7:30-8:00 if you want to follow me up. I drove up last week to scope it out. Pretty easy drive but I only saw one ramp at the marina . I was thinking about using another ramp close by.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by billy boats
Heresjohnny, I'm leaving from the island around 7:30-8:00 if you want to follow me up. I drove up last week to scope it out. Pretty easy drive but I only saw one ramp at the marina . I was thinking about using another ramp close by.
Hey Billy, I am actually leaving earlier in the morning. Figuring high tide is at 4am and so many boats going it is better to get there earlier. What ramp are you planning on using ? I have never been to any of them and feel more comfortable going where everyone else is unless you know a better option ? If you want to leave earlier your welcome to travel with us too. By the way I think we have a mutual friend, Donnie Topgun.....
Old 09-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I was thinking of leaving the island @ 6am. Heard about 2 hr. ride. I know Anthony said low tide is @ 10:30am. What are you towing and how long did the ride take you? Wayne
Hey John, what time are you planning on leaving? I think Anthony said there is 4' of water @ low tide.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:37 PM
Registered

Hey Johnny ,
Yes I've been friends with Donnie a long time. If fact the heads on my motors are his.
The marina in stony point is 65 miles from my house took me about an hour by car no trailer . It's just over the tapanzee bridge then north for 10-15 min. I'm going to look for another ramp this week but if I don't find one very close by then ill use the one at marina. I spoke with a worker at marina who said ramp is no problem even at low tide for 40' boats.
Problem I see it that there is only one ramp. So if 40 boats are trying to use it at once could be slow going.

Hey Wayne I have a 35 sonic with 725's
Old 09-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
Hey Billy, I am actually leaving earlier in the morning. Figuring high tide is at 4am and so many boats going it is better to get there earlier. What ramp are you planning on using ? I have never been to any of them and feel more comfortable going where everyone else is unless you know a better option ? If you want to leave earlier your welcome to travel with us too. By the way I think we have a mutual friend, Donnie Topgun.....
You might want to consider launching in Nyack, right after you cross the TZ bridge..about 6 miles south of Stony Point by water. Nyack to Stony Point will take a good half hour btw on Sunday morn...Church is in full swing. Not too many one launch there anymore, the ramps are new, plenty of parking, pay by a meter, low tide not a issue to the channel unlike Stony Point and is safe. I launch there every few weeks. Its located at the Riverclub in Nyack, NY
http://www.nyackriverclub.net/

Though South, the ride past Hook Mountain/Sing Sing/around TZ Bridge is awesome. Pm if ya need more info...mike
Cheers.

Last edited by Dtile; 09-30-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Started working on the boat today. We haven't used it since the weekend before Memorial Day. I should be ready in time for the run.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Johnny ,
Yes I've been friends with Donnie a long time. If fact the heads on my motors are his.
The marina in stony point is 65 miles from my house took me about an hour by car no trailer . It's just over the tapanzee bridge then north for 10-15 min. I'm going to look for another ramp this week but if I don't find one very close by then ill use the one at marina. I spoke with a worker at marina who said ramp is no problem even at low tide for 40' boats.
Problem I see it that there is only one ramp. So if 40 boats are trying to use it at once could be slow going.

Guys don't worry about this, for the most part we all know one another. One guy backs the truck in while the boat owner is in the boat, launch and then tie up truck goes right out and parked next one in. You will never see a large group of boats launched so quick.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Johnny ,

If you click on the link for the marina listed on my very first post of this thread that will show you an arial view of the marina. If you zoom in on the pool we mostly will use the launch ramp just to the right of it. Also thats where we will have the tables and all set up for lunch wrist bands etc. If you look further to the right you will notice a building right on the water, thats the marina resturant. And just to the right of that is the second ramp. Pleanty of boat parking and trailer parking there also. Remember this use to be two different marina a few years ago but they merged and sre one now.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This group seems to be growing every minute. As of right now we have about 42 boats and 107 people attending. Im really glad to see this many people and I hope everyone understands that this is "FREE" to attend. My wife, friends, and I have donated hundreds of hours to plan and put his event together for everyone to enjoy a day out on the water and have a great time. We take "NO" money out of this event and every dime you pay either gets paid right to the marina for launch fee, helicopter chagres 550.00 per hour of flight time, or directly to the resturant for lunch. There is no mark up of these charges so what you pay is what we are being charged. My family and I even pay for all the above and we ask for nothing in return except for everyone to play the 50/50 or a poker hand so the money raised can be donated right to Make-A-Wish.

"WE DO THIS FOR THE KIDS"

Thank You
Anthony and Family

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.