BOYNE THUNDER JULY 12,13 2013 Northern Michigan >

BOYNE THUNDER JULY 12,13 2013 Northern Michigan

Notices

BOYNE THUNDER JULY 12,13 2013 Northern Michigan

Old 04-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Is your boat ready 2 rumble????? Bring Dr. Annie!!!!!!
Just voted 4 the Girlie!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Just voted 4 the Girlie!!!!!!
She says Thanks! And it will be ready soon... Picked up 4 gallons of oil and a case of gear lube last night. Maiden voyage is next weekend!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
She says Thanks! And it will be ready soon... Picked up 4 gallons of oil and a case of gear lube last night. Maiden voyage is next weekend!
Awesome Bubba!!!
Old 04-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just got off the phone w/ a rep from East Jordan as was told they will have premium AGAIN this year, his exact description was 91 non ethanol, 94 w/ 10% ethanol! Although this will prolly not B practical 4 the poker run itself, it sure can help 4 the Thursday fun run, Friday boat'n round, post PR boating etc & just general knowledge 4 people up in the area!!! Believe me, the "ICEMAN" helps keep that stuff fresh!!!
Thats GREAT NEWS!!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Just got home from a BT meet & (not my liking) but they do not want 2 deal w/ any 93 octane fuel! We tried hard last year 2 the bitter end W/ no success! So, B aware that Ward Bros in the corner in Round Lake where lunch is has what I am told is 90 recreational(no, ethanol)! So, please understand this &/or bring some boost 2 add 4 the 2nd 1/2 run!! Thanx 4 your understanding!! Tracy
I really want to thank you guys, and even you doc, for all you've done to get us some gas up there. I just have never understood why they would not welcome a tanker in there at Wood's during lunch if we grease the right wheels so to speak. I did the Miami Boat Show Run again this year and there was a tanker on site all weekend. I would assume the marina got a kick out of it but I was able to fill up with 93 of the truck much cheaper than I could buy 90 at the dock.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Registered

Just got off the phone w/ a rep from East Jordan as was told they will have premium AGAIN this year, his exact description was 91 non ethanol, 94 w/ 10% ethanol! Although this will prolly not B practical 4 the poker run itself, it sure can help 4 the Thursday fun run, Friday boat'n round, post PR boating etc & just general knowledge 4 people up in the area!!! Believe me, the "ICEMAN" helps keep that stuff fresh!!!
This is good news but like you say unless you want to skip lunch and run 15 to 20 miles each way it's not real practical. I would be glad to take the money I save not running the extra 30 or 40 miles and give it to someone at lunch. Like I said in my last post....grease the right wheel.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatfreak
I really want to thank you guys, and even you doc, for all you've done to get us some gas up there. I just have never understood why they would not welcome a tanker in there at Wood's during lunch if we grease the right wheels so to speak. I did the Miami Boat Show Run again this year and there was a tanker on site all weekend. I would assume the marina got a kick out of it but I was able to fill up with 93 of the truck much cheaper than I could buy 90 at the dock.
Yeah Freak, guy in the corner did the hot potato in the hand thing on us last year!! I had approached him months B4 the event & explained our request & he said when it gets closer let me know what I can do, "I want to help ya out"!!! So say a couple months B4 I stop'd in again 2 discuss our needs! Oh, let me get work'n on that>>>>>, couple 3 weeks B4 the event when I contacted him again, he says yeah, can't do the tanker cuz HE SAID his supplier said the coast guard will not allow it! So I called the CG & was told there is NO such rule against that!! I called him out on that & he finally said yeah, he just doesn't want 2 deal w/ it!!!!!!!!! So as of even a couple days or so B4 BT, we secured another company/tanker but he would not let us put it at his place!!! I know this is your 3rd year returning & we appreciate your support as we realize U as a participant spend prolly thousands of $$$$$$$$$$$ 4 this event between entry fees, gas, lodging, towing etc, etc!!! & I realize as a boater U want 2 run this event the way U want 2, say, not 40 mph but 80 mph & obviously w/ this comes the need 4 more fuel!! Thanx again, C ya soon!!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 34 Posts

I worked on this 2 years ago. The fuel companies are very helpful. Johnson Oil out of Gaylord was trying hard to help out. The wall I found was DNR/EPA/ Insurance companies, if they spill gas with their own equipment should not be a question of coverage from insurance. A tanker pumping gas into boats in water would not be in their insurance rider? If DNR/EPA was going to go after anyone for a spill/damage of any kind, could you imagine the Insurance fight. Very sad that we always have to look at things like this. As I have said before, the only way I found around it was to pull boat up into parking lot and fuel. I hope T can prove me wrong.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Registered

I really appreciate all you guys do to put this run and as I'm about to join you for the third year in a row, I must say you do a great job. I have no experience in Michigan but I sure know in Florida every town has a host of fuel jobbers that will come to your house or wherever to fuel your boat. I would assume you guys have the same thing up there but I understand the liability side for the host gas dock as well. If something would happen it would be everyone's butt in trouble.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fuel truck T and I had all worked out their insurance company would'nt let them get a rider for over the water.( or should I quote it was stupid expensive) As far as the corner guy I'll put mine on trailer. Cuz he can add a rider for the truck at minimal cost ,I beleive we could of put some coin in his pocket also. Just my 2 cents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.