2013 Jammin on the James, July 12th & 13th >

2013 Jammin on the James, July 12th & 13th

Notices

2013 Jammin on the James, July 12th & 13th

Old 03-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flashin
After much discussion & with regret, Jammin on The James 2013 will not take place. We have encountered some obstacles from the hotel double booking the ball room to sponsorship & participation. We realize last years weather effected the run and dock party and alot of boats were still making their way in as late as 7pm. We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication & any inconvience this has caused.
We will be working thru the year to try to change some things up & make it a little more fun.
If you have already submitted your registration we will be returning your check. Also, if you won one of the free entries from the 2012 Jammin on the James Run we will honor those entries in 2014 so please hold on to those.

Thanks
Barry Adkins

Well that's a buzz kill! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully everything will work out for next year.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW I'm SO sorry to hear this. Even with the changes made last year it was a blast, the weather is what it is and can't be helped. I agree that the family friendly push hurt attendance since as a group performance boaters (realistically that's the group that pays for poker runs not family's in cruisers) aren't interested in a family friendly environment we're much more interested in a little debotchery. That said the push was a mandate from the marina so the promoters didn't have much choice, I know they busted their butts last year to put on the best run they could, I think everyone that didnt get hammered by rain had a great time and I for one appreciate the effort they put into the event. I truly look forward to it next year and will do anything I can to help bring it back to the glory days.

That all being said we still have run for a cure (can't say enough good things about that run) whose dock party ran until I believe 4am last year and PPP which is as crazy of an event as you'll find anywhere. Hope to see everyone at those two.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Gold Member

Well that sucks....whats next. 10dollar a gal gas??
Old 03-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bcfountain
Well that sucks....whats next. 10dollar a gal gas??
Don't say it........ Somebody in DC will get a idea!!
Old 03-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Registered

It sucks about run, but I'm sure the Richmond run will be back and better next year! Always a great time!!
Good luck Barry
Old 03-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by flashin
After much discussion & with regret, Jammin on The James 2013 will not take place. We have encountered some obstacles from the hotel double booking the ball room to sponsorship & participation. We realize last years weather effected the run and dock party and alot of boats were still making their way in as late as 7pm. We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication & any inconvience this has caused.
We will be working thru the year to try to change some things up & make it a little more fun.
If you have already submitted your registration we will be returning your check. Also, if you won one of the free entries from the 2012 Jammin on the James Run we will honor those entries in 2014 so please hold on to those.

Thanks
Barry Adkins
Sorry to hear this Barry. I have been on every JOTJ since 2003 and enjoyed everyone. If this run lost its steam because the dock party was calmed down, i think it is bull s%*t. I watched the dock party grow from "innocent" fun to something that was out of control. I personally enjoyed the run last year and knew people who had stopped doing the run because the dock party was so raunchy. And before anyone bashes me , yes i am a redblooded American male and enjoy watching women . But there is a time and place for that.I thought a good poker run was determined by a good charity, a great day of boating, and hanging with great friends and meeting new ones. On the other hand there are a lot of great runs around and yes, you can't do them all. So conflicting dates will always be a problem as will weather. Barry, i wish you and your crew good luck and hope 2014 is a success.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Registered

Sorry to hear! Looking forward to 2014!
Old 03-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ciaoderhead
sorry to hear! Looking forward to 2014!
+ 1
Old 03-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Gold Member

I am sure that 2014 will b alsome.barry&crew will make it happen
Old 03-21-2013, 07:48 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by megstoytoo
We have spoken with Barry and With Jammin taking the year off - would like to extend an invite to those that have never done Powerboating for a Cure Poker Run in Norfolk VA, to give it a try. We have two courses depending on the sea state that includes the Virginia Beach Oceanfront or the Pagan River. We have decided to include free dock space to all that register and pay prior to June 1st! Come out and have a great time and support a great cause. Hope to see you there. Craig.

Let's keep Poker Runnin in SE Virginia!!!!!! Lets combine the attendance of the 2 runs and have one hell of a party!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...orfolk-va.html
Free docking fees if you register for the poker run before June 1.
What other poker run has waitresses delivering Steamed Shrimp, AHI Tuna and Lolli-Pop lamb chops, and something cold to drink to your boat upon arrival on Saturday, after the Run? We feed you 2 dinners, breakfast, lunch and 2 partys, discounted fuel at the lunch stop and more
HMMMM??????
This is good "bang for your buck." BillR

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron

Last edited by BillR; 03-21-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.