Powerboating for a Cure Poker Run - June 28 & 29, 2013 Norfolk, VA

Notices

Powerboating for a Cure Poker Run - June 28 & 29, 2013 Norfolk, VA

Old 06-12-2013, 12:32 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Getting close to Poker Run Time.
Have you registered? If not, you better do it NOW. I'm not kidding - there are only a couple of slips available as of RIGHT NOW and is subject to change. If need be, we are all used to rafting up...so bring it on..If you haven't docked at Waterside Norfolk, it is very protected water, but also remember to bring your large fenders "with" covers....

Looks like we will have a VERY full house this year!

I hope everyone has their correct email address on their registration. I will be sending out Welcome Packages with all the info you will need for the event soon. Slip assignments will also be emailed to you the week of the event. If you have a different email or want to confirm your email address; send me an email [audioconnection(at)cox(dot)net] with the name on the registration form, boat, and boat length. I will not reply, but will note any changes.
Look forward to seeing everyone again.
Just one question: Are you ready for a good time?

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 06-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

What a double edged sword. You get Faith, but have to put up with Russ......
Old 06-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Also looking for a spot for two others. I already have 7 or 8 on my boat; else I would host them.

This is a past participant who has a motor down on his Cig. He is looking for two spots. Please let me know.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Also looking for a spot for two others. I already have 7 or 8 on my boat; else I would host them.

This is a past participant who has a motor down on his Cig. He is looking for two spots. Please let me know.
Sorry Brian but we may have up to 10 on board, We also have a Cig owner with motors out and needing a ride.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait for this run it'll be one of the highlights of the summer. If anyone is still on the fence jump in now you won't regret it, the organizers really know how to put on an event with things planned all weekend long.

We will have another couple with us so I guess I need to update our registration form, I'll try and get that done here in the next day or so.

Russ, glad to hear you found a ride but we'll make sure to get you out with us at some point that weekend and the next thing you'll be doing is looking for a cat if you're around Friday during the day maybe you could ride with us for a lunch run.

Speaking of Friday lunch run have we decided where and when? A couple ideas are POC for a shorter run or Surf Rider in Poquoson, POC is anchor off the beach, surf rider has nice floating docks but is a longer run.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy
John (ROGMAN) was chatting this run up in Lake Murray last weekend... Going to try and make this, will know more by weekend!! Only a few hour pull from my office in Alexandria so that is not an issue!!! Will let you know by first of the week.

Pat
Come on down, bring the gang with you!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy
John (ROGMAN) was chatting this run up in Lake Murray last weekend... Going to try and make this, will know more by weekend!! Only a few hour pull from my office in Alexandria so that is not an issue!!! Will let you know by first of the week.

Pat
This is a great run....hope to see you guys!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:07 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We DO have folks with broken - not yet ready boats that are hoping to get a ride and help out with expenses. If anyone has room and is kind enough to help out, please post here and/or let us know. Again, these are fellow boaters looking.........

Also, talk of a fun run. Sounds great! Who is going to spearhead it? (We, the committee; have our hands full) let me know and I'll get it in our itinerary and in our game plan. However, time is of the essence!!!!!!

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 06-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For a Friday fun run... Smithfield Station would also be a potential Friday destination for lunch. They have supported Jamin on the James in the past and I'm sure could accommendate a small fleet for lunch on a friday. Nice location with plenty of dock space. Kings Mill up the James is also real nice but usually has a little less dock space and not sure if they could handle a large group. Just some thoughts....
Old 06-13-2013, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Guaranteed good time Pat; we'll be there with a full boat. You know what I-95 South is like on summer afternoons, so keep that in mind for your travel logistics.
Originally Posted by t500hps
these guys really do a good job.

As Sydwayz posted, 95 can be an issue....so don't bring the trailer! Run straight down the bay Friday!!!!
Originally Posted by ROGMAN
Come on down, bring the gang with you!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Bullhead
This is a great run....hope to see you guys!
Thanks Guys... My office is right at the mixing bowl in Springfield... Very familiar with the traffic.

Have to get crew together and see if any other guys want to drag there boats down.

Bill just got your PM, and pencil me in for now please!!

Thanks Pat

Last edited by Spicy; 06-13-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.