2014 BUFFALO POKER RUN - Buffalo, NY - August 8th & 9th >

2014 BUFFALO POKER RUN - Buffalo, NY - August 8th & 9th

Notices

2014 BUFFALO POKER RUN - Buffalo, NY - August 8th & 9th

Old 08-10-2014, 03:05 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

100 % the best Poker Run I have been in a while. everyone was safe and no close calls but have to say at the start who in the world was the dude in the family boat right in the middle taking pics. as we all were heading out . (he was not in the run) Jeepers he had to piss a bunch of boaters off. We had to change our course pretty drastically..
Old 08-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was out in the entrance to the river near the peace bridge....fishing.

I was amazed at how many guys were still humming around. I was jealous but enjoyed those lovely sounds of horsepower on Lake Erie!!!!
Old 08-10-2014, 11:30 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Just got home, great time thank you.
Lucky you !
I got 80 miles to go but I am toast !
Nap time !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-11-2014, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

First off, thank you to all fellow participants for staying safe. With so many Buffalo Poker Run new attendees in the upper speed class, safety was the focus of organizers and participants alike.

Steve and Tony and their entire staff deserve the ovation received, super job by all.

I think Tony's heart rate finally had slowed by 11:00pm, as he found out that jumping up a few speed classes raises the intensity just a bit. I think he got some great running shots alongside many very impressive boats as well; in between communicating with pace boat drivers, course spotters, and other event volunteers.

Nice to meet so many new attendees as well as sharing laughs with all the long-time participants. To say that Outerlimits came to the event in force would be an understatement, lots of nice boats with equally as nice owners and crews.

Anxious to see the pics and vids !
Old 08-11-2014, 07:51 AM
Registered

As I was fishing, I had a great view of Outer Limits as she burned down the river and back up into the lake. I forget who was with her, but they both sounded bad ass!!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Just a great event!!! Definitely worth the tow from Bristol, R.I.
Tony and his crew did a fantastic job!!! Thanks so much!!!
Attached Thumbnails 2014 BUFFALO POKER RUN - Buffalo, NY - August 8th & 9th-img_0775.jpg   2014 BUFFALO POKER RUN - Buffalo, NY - August 8th & 9th-img_0781.jpg   2014 BUFFALO POKER RUN - Buffalo, NY - August 8th & 9th-img_0782.jpg  

2014 BUFFALO POKER RUN - Buffalo, NY - August 8th & 9th-img_0787.jpg   2014 BUFFALO POKER RUN - Buffalo, NY - August 8th & 9th-img_0789.jpg   2014 BUFFALO POKER RUN - Buffalo, NY - August 8th & 9th-img_0792.jpg  

2014 BUFFALO POKER RUN - Buffalo, NY - August 8th & 9th-img_0798.jpg  
Old 08-11-2014, 08:34 AM
Registered

Good run this year. Lots of picture ops on the river for us spectating.

Few things we did notice though.

The speed difference between the 4 groups now is huge, especially the 90mph + group.

The 1st group blew past the card stop at Ray's boat house on the West River. Tough to tell if that was planned or it just happened. Looked like nobody from the Club was even on the dock yet ready to hand out cards by the time the fast boats rounded up Grand Island. Bit of confusion for that 1st group I figured as they milled for a bit in front of Rays, then did another start and headed for the Buffalo River and the Destroyer for that card stop.

Stellar weekend on Lake Erie. Barely a breeze made for flat conditions. Pretty rare for 2 days in a row.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:52 AM
Registered

As a first timer to this event, I can't express enough at how professional, friendly and enjoyable this event was. For those of you that haven't been, or are thinking about going, I STRONGLY encourage participation next year!
Steve, Tony and Sam as well as all the other volunteers are an awesome group of people. They put in tireless amounts of time to make sure that this event goes off without an issue.

I can tell you that we met so many good people that I am already waiting for next years dates to be announced! I will be back!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]527707[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527708[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527709[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527708[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527707[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527709[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2014 BUFFALO POKER RUN - Buffalo, NY - August 8th & 9th-image.jpg   2014 BUFFALO POKER RUN - Buffalo, NY - August 8th & 9th-image.jpg   2014 BUFFALO POKER RUN - Buffalo, NY - August 8th & 9th-image.jpg  

Old 08-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by harleybagger
As a first timer to this event, I can't express enough at how professional, friendly and enjoyable this event was. For those of you that haven't been, or are thinking about going, I STRONGLY encourage participation next year!
Steve, Tony and Sam as well as all the other volunteers are an awesome group of people. They put in tireless amounts of time to make sure that this event goes off without an issue.

I can tell you that we met so many good people that I am already waiting for next years dates to be announced! I will be back!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]527707[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527708[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527709[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527708[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527707[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527709[/ATTACH]
Thanks for the kind words, It was nice to finally meet you and your crew, sat night was awesome! it will be the second weekend of next August,

For those who haven't heard I'd plan on being here Thursday next year, and if you take monday off to get home it allows you to get back on our water sunday and kick it back with a relaxing raft up, as we had about 10/11 boats rafted up yesterday, I apologize to the cpl that missed us, we were right in front of the row of cruisers and we tried flagging you guys, Heres a raft up photo, I still have to sort threw the run photo's to see if any are good,

Sam

Old 08-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Registered

Clayfan It went off exactly as it was planned. We were not planning on picking up cards there. It was only a break to rest the boats and drivers and group the field back up. We hope you enjoyed the show! You should join us next year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.