Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Help me understand the Key West PR >

Help me understand the Key West PR

Like Tree10Likes

Help me understand the Key West PR

Old 10-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Registered

One more question........I'm not sure I got the answer already...... If I leave the boat moored in Miami for the run and drive my truck and trailer to Key West, how do I get back to Miami to the boat to do the run? Have I missed something? Are there shuttles? Thumb a ride?
Old 10-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I don't know of any shuttles, you'd be on your own to coordinate a ride back. Stu or Jackie from FPC would be a good place to start your inquiry b/c they have the finger on the pulse of what so many of the members are doing & what their needs are. To be honest those that boat 1 way & have their trailer waiting on them in KW have a family or crew member follow them down just in case they break down along the way.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
One more question........I'm not sure I got the answer already...... If I leave the boat moored in Miami for the run and drive my truck and trailer to Key West, how do I get back to Miami to the boat to do the run? Have I missed something? Are there shuttles? Thumb a ride?
Shuttle from KW to Miami is $50 per head. Runs around ever hour or so throughout the day.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wilks View Post
shuttle from kw to miami is $50 per head. Runs around ever hour or so throughout the day.
thx
Old 10-15-2013, 11:22 AM
FPC Events
VIP Member

Any questions about the poker run, please don't hesitate to call me (Jackie) 954-545-1414
I just sit here all day waiting for people to call!
Old 10-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
Another option instead of the shuttle is a one way rental convertible mustang or Camaro from Avis. $120 for the day KW to Miami, and the drive is amazing with the top down.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:44 PM
Registered

So most of the boats go to Stock island marina? Anyone just sleep on there boat rather than get a room, Marina has showers. Can't go this year but have plans for 14.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Registered

Does stock island have a travel lift?? Don't want to dunk my trailer...
Old 10-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Registered

http://stockislandmarina.com/

I don't see a travel lift. I am guessing its about a 10 min cab ride to Duval. Could rent a scooter but that would defeat the purpose of going to Duval st.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
http://stockislandmarina.com/

I don't see a travel lift. I am guessing its about a 10 min cab ride to Duval. Could rent a scooter but that would defeat the purpose of going to Duval st.
Staying at the Ocean Key and have a slip at Conch Republic, just looking for a place that will put it in Thurs, and take it out Monday.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser