Notices

Long island stampede 2015

Old 06-14-2015, 01:28 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew555
If there are no pics it didn't happen. It was a great day out. Sorry to say I wasn't ready .
OH, There are pics ! I shot over 2000 of them.

I just got back home this morning and plan on spending all day today processing and uploading....

From what I have seen so far I like.

It's just a shame that I hear how many people want some great air shots and you have a helicopter at your disposal with a photographer and people took the bay on the way back ?

I can only imagine all of the missed opportunities of getting that perfect shot on the way back. The sun would have been in a better position as well.

All in all it went great. I had a great chopper and a great pilot, one that was willing to get to the lowest altitude I have been yet with no complaining ...
A great pilot to work with ! After all, a pilot can make or break the shots, and he wasn't breaking anything...

Photos are being uploaded now...

Thank you everyone that had purchased the my Deposit Offer on the photos. It helps a great deal with knowing who to focus on and how much time I will spend on a boat in Post Processing the images.

Thank you Billy for your hard efforts putting this run together. Once again another amazing event...

Now back to editing ....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-14-2015, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The STAMPEDE was a great day!!!! The ocean was just rough enough to get some great photos . Thanks to all of the 45 boats that ran. Tim Sharkey did a great job and has begun loading photos to his web site ,www.sharkeyimages.com. Would also like to thank the crew at BBlades for their sponsorship. I need to give a BIG public thanks to Neil Hyman (HY FIVE) , he stepped in a few months ago and set up the web site, answered all the emails and questions, made the registration forms and waivers, and so much more to get this run going and make it a success . To be honest if not for Neil's tireless help I would have been forced to cancel the run several weeks ago. The Stampede web site will be updated soon with some pictures and special thanks to others that helped.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by billy boats
The STAMPEDE was a great day!!!! The ocean was just rough enough to get some great photos . Thanks to all of the 45 boats that ran. Tim Sharkey did a great job and has begun loading photos to his web site ,www.sharkeyimages.com. Would also like to thank the crew at BBlades for their sponsorship. I need to give a BIG public thanks to Neil Hyman (HY FIVE) , he stepped in a few months ago and set up the web site, answered all the emails and questions, made the registration forms and waivers, and so much more to get this run going and make it a success . To be honest if not for Neil's tireless help I would have been forced to cancel the run several weeks ago. The Stampede web site will be updated soon with some pictures and special thanks to others that helped.
Thanks Billy. It was a great day. Weather was picture perfect. Ocean had a nice 3 foot chop; enough to really mix it up. And we had a great turnout.

Tim Sharkey... I ran the ocean back....

Thank you for the acknowledgement, but it was my pleasure to help out. Putting a run like this together is no small task and you had the guts to start this last year and we have all benefitted from it. It was a great success and a great day of boating... Well done my friend...
Old 06-14-2015, 09:48 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Sorry Neil.
I had the pilot go to much higher altitude just to try and see if we could find anyone out there.
I saw no signs of any rooster tails so we dropped back down and went in search of the rest the boats on the inside.
Perhaps when we looked you had not come out the inlet yet ?
Hopefully next year we can have everyone follow the assigned route. It didn't look terribly rough out there, so I was confused as to why so many did not go back out. I guess it was just a case of "Follow the Leader" ...

Old 06-15-2015, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to the pics. Can't wait.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:34 AM
Registered

Great Day guys..... Had a blast and my crew did as well. Big Thank You to Billy, Neil and all else involved in making it happen. Even though I had some gremlins on the way back in I at least look forward to Tim's pics from out in the ocean, I'm sure there's a few good ones as I spent a lot of time out of the water, mostly in the inlets where Tim got me....
Old 06-15-2015, 02:45 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Johnny,
All your pics are now on my site.
The boat looked great !

www.Sharkey-Images.com

Old 06-15-2015, 04:11 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Neil,
Your photos are uploading now.
Wow you got that thing out of the water !!!

Old 06-15-2015, 04:38 PM
Registered

I seen them Tim. Lots of good ones to pick from.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Great photos...mistake was not to join in the fun...hopefully next year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.