Notices

PPP on the James River Saturday July 18th 2015

Old 07-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPP on the James River Saturday July 18th 2015

Hey Hey!
Haven't seen a thread for the PPP this year and its only two weeks away! This year its Saturday July 18th in the same spot.

Who all is going? We have about 10 boats in our group going this year. We will be getting there around 1015\1030.

Look for the Feelin Nauti and lets make this the crazy party that it usually is!

Footage from last years PPP Even with my own Missy dropping it like its hot at the 10 second mark!

https://youtu.be/DgKb0JCR3uU
Old 07-07-2015, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I will be there but I think I am going on a friends boat so I can party this year!
Old 07-08-2015, 06:46 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

That's all good! I go on my boat and party though
I always have a DD for the ride back though so its all good. We may be staying overnight this year. What time yall thinking of arriving? We plan on getting there by 1030 so if you want to tie up just let me know. Should be about at least 6 boats coming with me. Also, this will be the first time on the water with the new stereo system Chuck from Safe and Sound is doing. Cant wait!
Old 07-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I will find y'all try to come in a little closer than last year. It was tough getting to your boat (couldn't touch) and it was a decent swim. Not sure what time we are going. Not 100% on plans yet.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:10 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CBlakeNS
I will find y'all try to come in a little closer than last year. It was tough getting to your boat (couldn't touch) and it was a decent swim. Not sure what time we are going. Not 100% on plans yet.
Yeah,
Have to get in close in order to not have to deal with that.

Text me and let me know what's up when you know more.

757-725-2788
Old 07-09-2015, 09:23 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

This is a pic from last year. There is a reason they call it the "PPP".
I've never been, but it seems like there is always some bad story out of it.

-Man missing. (Not sure if they ever found him?)
-HUGE brawl last year; which resulted in some girl starting a boat and putting it in gear; nearly causing an awful tragedy.
-Drunk boaters hitting a bunch of boats trying to get out.
-Bad storms rolling through in the midst of all the above.

IF you plan to go, make sure you have all of your bases covered.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:19 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
This is a pic from last year. There is a reason they call it the "PPP".
I've never been, but it seems like there is always some bad story out of it.

-Man missing. (Not sure if they ever found him?)
-HUGE brawl last year; which resulted in some girl starting a boat and putting it in gear; nearly causing an awful tragedy.
-Drunk boaters hitting a bunch of boats trying to get out.
-Bad storms rolling through in the midst of all the above.

IF you plan to go, make sure you have all of your bases covered.

I have been for the last 6 years straight. The man missing was also on the wanted list, and there is far more to that story than you may know and not worth getting into here.

I was at the beginning of that so called huge brawl (which huge would be an opinion but I would hardly call it that), and anywhere you get drunk douchebag that thinks he do whatever he wants to girls dancing , something will pop off. It was handled quick, no follow up issues, and everyone continued to party. Of the 6 years, that was only second fight Id ever seen and we are ALWAYS at the center of the party.

As far as drunk boaters, yes there are some immature ones but you can find that at any party cove you go to. I have never seen any damage from this, but I do know that 9 people were arrested with DUIs last year only AT THE DOCKS. JCC and Surry were at the docks watching for people for their safety. They were not hiding or being shady, they were out in the open and might I add, not messing with anyone. That was JCC numbers by the way, I do not know Surry numbers.

As far as storms, you cant control the weather anywhere but the storms only hampered it a bit, and everyone still partied (I mean jeez, you're already wet lol).

Point is, there will always be a few dumbasses in every crowd. Bring a DD, ar stay late and sober up! While there just party, have a great time, admire all the different woman and boats, and enjoy life!

Kevin
Old 07-13-2015, 01:14 PM
Registered

I think what SYDWAYZ is trying to say is that just be prepared for anything and everything. Some people who may not have ever been may not realize that this is not exactly a family/kid friendly event. Anything can be a good time as long as you know what you are getting yourself into.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by hanzcap
I think what SYDWAYZ is trying to say is that just be prepared for anything and everything. Some people who may not have ever been may not realize that this is not exactly a family/kid friendly event. Anything can be a good time as long as you know what you are getting yourself into.
Good point, and you are very correct. Thi IS NOT a family friendly\kid friendly event. This is basically Mardi Gras on the water with boats instead of floats. You may, and probably will, see all kinds of things so if you are easily offended I would steer clear of this one.

My official Facebook invite actually states "no jealous girlfriends\boyfriends\husbands\wives allowed on the boat".

Kevin
Old 07-13-2015, 04:49 PM
Registered

May head out there if the weather is good...the Pachanga is still not together so will just be in the little stingray if we go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.