P1 Evolution class

Notices

P1 Evolution class

Old 08-17-2007, 10:59 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default P1 Evolution class

EVOLUTION= The natural process of growth and change, development.

I know there are some people going over there for the Cowes race and maybe they could ask some questions for me.

Why are the rules against multispeeds?

Are there any rules against ethanol or alternative fuels?

Who can I contact in regards to the rules? Is it a commitee or a person?

Thanks,
pat W
Old 08-18-2007, 08:38 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I contacted Steve via email [email protected] and he called me back the very next day. He was very helpful and informative and took plenty of time to discuss my inquiries.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I wonder this too.

I would want someone to ask the "Orange Yanmar" Boat what they have for a transmission as they are a ZF team boat and ZF does have a 2 speed transmission for the Yanmar 480 that they are running.

So if they are in deed running a 2 speed, then why not 3 or 4 or 8 speeds?
Old 08-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pat as far as i can see and read . they are taking 130 mph boats and SLOWING THEM TO 87 MPH . big thrill yea haw .
Old 08-18-2007, 09:36 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
pat as far as i can see and read . they are taking 130 mph boats and SLOWING THEM TO 87 MPH . big thrill yea haw .
I would much rather watch a fair and balanced race of 11 teams competing for a Championship Title than spend thousands of dollars to go to Key West only to see what was supposed to be the fastest vee bottom in the world idle across a start line by itself, and claim a World Championship Title without even completeing 1 lap.

I don't hear the teams overseas complaining about the speed cap. In fact in only 1 race was a team able to actually break out over it. Remember, it is rare that they don't run in huge seas !

Super Vee Class in the States has only been averaging 87.6 mph at best without the speed cap. Some difference huh?

Also remember Powerboat P1 is also about producing a TV Product. Having 1 or 2 boats blow away the pack doesn't make for close racing or good TV. Hopefully all 100 Million homes that it ends up in by the end of the year will tune in ...

Powerboat P1 seems to be working.
2 Classes 20+ boats and growing.
Large TV Production
and strict, fair & competitive rule enforcement.

Perhaps some people should have a look at why it is working so well....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 08-19-2007 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Registered

Well put sharkey.
I guess we pissed P1 off by running away with the race in Germany. But...if Outerlimits engines would have lasted, it could have been a good race.
The Tv hits Sky sports the thursday after the race, and runs for three days at 6.00 pm!!!!
Sharkey is right, maybe people should start looking why its working so well and bring it to the US.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Registered

Default P1 On Speedchannel

You guys in the States will get coverage of the whole 2007 Powerboat P1 series on Speedchannel but not until the autumn. I understand that the programmes will run every week. Once I have more details, I'll try and let you know. It's a damn good production and worth the wait.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:23 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

No one can judge MPH by looking at the boats run. The mph cap is to keep the boats in a competative range. Adding weight is not always a good idea. They should look at giving the other non competative boats an edge in weight loss to make them better.

With EFI it is very easy to move a rev limiter with an overide button. You can hide it 20 pages in the code. Ask Frank D. about traction control in F1. The claims of sealed motors is funny.

The thing I was bringing up is that the TV content is limited by the rules. There is not much story behind the boats except the nice paint job.

Tight rules is what killed the super vee over here. The factory backed teams can afford to build a new boat every year leaving the average racer on the trailer not wanting to play.

I watched Reggie's boat run last year at Reggieville. It was very impressive and what the sport needs. It was impressive for the lap that it ran.

Progressive rules are good for growth in a sport, it is good for advertising or including other potential teams or manufactures.

pat W
Old 08-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by wcmarine
Well put sharkey.
I guess we pissed P1 off by running away with the race in Germany. But...if Outerlimits engines would have lasted, it could have been a good race.
The Tv hits Sky sports the thursday after the race, and runs for three days at 6.00 pm!!!!
Sharkey is right, maybe people should start looking why its working so well and bring it to the US.
It is working well, hell great, in Europe b/c they have an open race organization.

In the states every time we have a good class with a lot of boats and strong competition, Mercury comes in and works some political stuff, makes it a Mercury only class and then the class dies.

One cannot use SCL as an example as it was always a factory class from the start; look at what happened to SC now that it was made a Mercury only class. SV died as well when the racers found out that the cheap racing did not exist with the 525 either.

Every great racing era in the states was when the RULES allowed for competition amongst Boat Manufacturers, Engine Manufacturers, Propeller Manufacturers, Outdrive Manufacturers and the RACERS.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:03 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

It sounds like they need to make a break out speed (117mph) Max like P1 over here not the 87 mph average. That way they can make the finish just as good as the race. It is a shame that Fainplast did not race on Sunday. I do not know how they will make that look right on TV.

Any answers to the first questions?
Thanks,
pat W

Quick Reply: P1 Evolution class

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.