Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Powerboat P1
If You Cant Beat Them, Protest! >

If You Cant Beat Them, Protest!

Notices

If You Cant Beat Them, Protest!

Old 06-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's probably over his head much the same as FWW feels the P1 ruling should be reversed in their favor. Rules are rules and when they're not followed 100%, you're leaving yourself open to a bad situation. Take it like a man and move on (not making the same mistake twice).

Well said, Sharkey.
Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
I am sure P1 will do their best as they have been hard at it making this organization work.

This was just a speed bump for them and they probably wish they never let this slide by...
Old 06-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sean H
I would say Johnny hopping in the Cig probably just changed that fact....

I guess Curtis doing the occasional stint in Team Witty's new boat changes that fact too!
Old 06-03-2008, 04:19 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank2
Which part did you not understand.
Kindly Answer YES or NO to the question

Frank2,

Perhaps you can identify the person or persons that made the decision not to put the required dynoed engine in the boat prior to the race when there seem to be plenty of time to do so ?

The part I don't understand ?

Why did they waste their time in Key West if they knew that they were to redo the boat in the off season and by going to Key West was going to cost them valuable time in which left them no time to have the boat properly prepared for the 1st race in P1 of 2008 ? So instead of being prepared, they come late and beg the P1 organization to be excused from having a dynoed engine in the boat...

I think P1 learned a lesson here and you will probably not see the same mistake twice...

By far they are doing great with proper rule enforcement. Just a learning curve that weekend, that's all...

I feel that P1 made a huge mistake in giving FWW or any other team a pass on any of the rules especially when it came down to the teams not being ready on time... It is no fault but the team's. They should have taken the penalties and moved on to the next event in my opinion....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-03-2008, 04:20 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Talking

Originally Posted by vipermax
I think you have not understood or read all replies given here...
Otherwise you should never had asked this question in the first place.
That certainly would have helped now wouldn't it have viper ?

Old 06-03-2008, 04:21 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Sean H
I would say Johnny hopping in the Cig probably just changed that fact....

Old 06-03-2008, 04:22 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89

Well said, Sharkey.
Thanks!

Old 06-03-2008, 05:54 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Starflite X
I guess Curtis doing the occasional stint in Team Witty's new boat changes that fact too!
him too...
Old 06-04-2008, 03:11 AM
Registered

So you are saying that Lino di Biase isnt that good??? Do you even know who he is? And obviously are saying that Micheal Karsenti isnt that good either???
It is great for the sport to have Johnny in the boat, as he is a good friend of our family, and I look forward to the battles on the race course!
What needs to happen is this......All you haters, and bad mouthers need to get up from your desks....book a flight and come over to attend a P1 race....Hang out with us for a weekend... See how professional it is over here and maybe you wont go home, sit at your computers and take your boring lives out on team FWW !!! I know that will be a miracle, but Sharkey....you did it all last year, and you are doing it again this year... come over and snap some shots!!!

You might actually realize why we are winning races....and stop thinking we are cheating!! ( This is not just to Sharkey....Im not singling you out!!!)

This thread is old, boring and annoying..... How about we move on!!!?????
Old 08-31-2008, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wcmarine
What needs to happen is this......All you haters, and bad mouthers need to get up from your desks....See how professional it is over here and maybe you wont go home, sit at your computers and take your boring lives out on team FWW !!! I know that will be a miracle..You might actually realize why we are winning races....and stop thinking we are cheating!! ( This is not just to Sharkey....Im not singling you out!!!)This thread is old, boring and annoying..... How about we move on!!!?????
Never truer words...but before "WE" do.....

First off...Very Professional.... diplomatic... & even more... I'm impressed you stand while you conjure up defense after defense for these accusations.... My conclusion & bottom line last words are split in 2 equally (self gratifying to me) conclusions I have come to about YOUR escapes.

A) You can't defend the indefensible - anything you say sounds self-serving and hypocritical. (your doing no justice to your sport or your "accomplishments" if that's what you call them)

B) “Secrets are made to be found out with time.” - I credit my new quote to you. (I like to feel the burn of the audience's eyes when I'm whispering all my darkest secrets into the microphone) Mr. Public Mic.

Now... Seeing as I sacrificed my love, attention, respect, enthusiasm, excitement & URGES to publicly express my opinions for a competition I held very close in many different aspects... I feel no crass asking you this.. should you respond (I would not)... or not.....but BELIEVE ME... if anyone has alittle credit owed to ask... I DO... so...

3 Questions & 1 Fact.

1. Homework, R&D, and the secret "EDGE" on any competition is vital part to ...we would not be where we are without it.....but a Do you REALLY...in your heart consider yourself a "World Champion" ???

2. Do you do it for the Glory? The love of the Sport or The Challenge?

3. Could you please get off your computer and go R&D so your rebutles look somewhat credible....I mean C'mon bro... WORK WITH ME HERE!!!!! what are you Iphone'n your defenses into turn 1?

Fact: Respect your Sport. or it will never respect you.Period.

P.S Congrats Mr. World Champion on your latest WIN you earned it (A freaking appeal) LMAO - oops...cooffe on the monitor...& yet big smile to start the day...

CRAP!! 15 min into my day and this feeling...It can only go downhill from here for sure...but feeling good anyway...how bout you?

Last edited by Donzi38ZR; 08-31-2008 at 07:28 AM. Reason: hooked on phonix...
Old 09-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Frank2
legal

You seem to think, and keep saying that the FWW boat was not legal, can you qualify your accusations or is it just bitter resentment that your not out their winning.

FYI. They have the least power in the fleet

The best throttleman and driver in the fleet

The team has more knolwledge of props and drive
systems than the whole of the fleet could ever dream of
Having

They have the the best race stratagist.

And have a group of highly profesional dedicated
personel at each of the races

Its not about cheating its about being the best. END OF
AMEN SHARK IS JEST A SORE P@#$%^&*( LOSER THAT 'S ALL

Quick Reply: If You Cant Beat Them, Protest!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.