Looking for Ed's number... >

Looking for Ed's number...

Notices

Looking for Ed's number...

Old 05-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Ed's number...

Have a 25' PowerPlay and want to install a new SeaStar steering system. Short of a number, does anyone know the name of his shop?

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

PM him, he's good at answering

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Registered

Thanks! I *thought* "Ed" was somebody else. After reading a few posts, I realized this was Gar. Not the same person I was looking for, but as PP owners, we're lucky to have him here. I had the privilege of meeting him at Danny's shop several times.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:36 PM
kds
Registered

Originally Posted by XSNSX
Have a 25' PowerPlay and want to install a new SeaStar steering system. Short of a number, does anyone know the name of his shop?

Thanks!
post some pics of your boat .
Old 05-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Registered

Built in 1991, this was one of the original 25' PowerPlay Boat Show boats. The first owner, a gentleman in his 50's, kept it in high & dry storage and accumulated 400 hours of use over the 12 years he owned it. The boat was still in the same condition as the day it was delivered from the factory.

In 2002, he sold it to a buyer in Lauderdale who turned the boat over PowerPlay to have it completely updated. This included the new Pirelli floor, new dash, new Gaffrig gauges & bezels, new stereo system, etc. The guy used the boat for 50 hours and wanted to move up to something larger.

I bought the boat less than a year later (this was in 2003), hung a new pair of 200 Opti's on it, updated the graphics and have used it very little since then. It still has the original Hynautic steering system, which doubles as a work-out at the gym... thus, the reason for this thread. Here's my boat...

Last edited by XSNSX; 05-21-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Registered

If anyone is interested, I'm thinking about selling it. The boat is located in Jupiter, Florida. It has a full cover. The boat is flawless. Seriously.

Last edited by XSNSX; 05-21-2008 at 05:55 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

what kind of speeds are ya getting with that power?

Are you lookin for the Ed that has/had the shop that was doing 5 axis CNC stuff?

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have a pic of the back with the engines. Seastar steering is an easy install.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wally
what kind of speeds are ya getting with that power?

Are you lookin for the Ed that has/had the shop that was doing 5 axis CNC stuff?
Best I've seen on the Gaffrig was 77mph, by myself, downwind, low on fuel and crisp, cool January in South Florida air. You can knock close to 5 mph off that figure in the summer. Can't say how accurate the Gaffrig is, haven't had to opp to GPS the boat. Truth is, don't really care anymore. Mostly, I just putt around at idle speed and tell lies to women about how fast I was when I was young.

And yes, that was the Ed I was looking for and found. Spoke with him yesterday and am turning the boat over to him in a couple of weeks to install the SeaStar system.

Last edited by XSNSX; 05-21-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
Do you have a pic of the back with the engines. Seastar steering is an easy install.
Not on disc, but I plan to take some pics in the next couple of weeks. Will post after.

Quick Reply: Looking for Ed's number...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.