Tell me about the 33 Powerplay... >

Tell me about the 33 Powerplay...

Notices

Tell me about the 33 Powerplay...

Old 03-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with Fever Mike

Last edited by frequentflyer; 03-05-2004 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-06-2004, 05:37 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Default baja27...

There ya go...believing what you read on the literature again! Guess who was part of the team that tooled up ALL the PP 33's? Yup. Me! Guess who was responsible for having the literature printed? Yup. Dan. Having been in the business of manufacturing, design, testing, sales, etc., of Offshore Powerboats for more than 25 years, it kind of irks me when ANY boat builder decieves the customer on boat length. Believe me, it ain't just PP either! FrequentFlyer...I too have personally owned a 25' Fish PP, among others, & am well versed in their contruction & performance. In fact, I helped build your boat when the original purchaser bought it new. Great running hull, considering it's lineage. It was taken from a 22' Apache Scout & lengthened, which, by the way, was really only 21' 2" in length. I know this is a fact as well, because I built them. I'm sorry if I think too much like an engineer, in black & white with no "grey areas". It's just me. Ed

Last edited by Ed; 03-06-2004 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:08 PM
Registered

Ed is bitter but I put a tape measure to my 33 and he is correct.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:22 AM
Miami

Ed - what were your responsibilities in the tooling of the 33? Was it the original hull or the taller one? Regardless - someone did a great job!!

srv - boy am I jealous. That new 38 looked great @ the Miami show. Fit, finish & paint were as good as the best that was there and performance with the 525's was equal to most of the other 38 footers.

TO THE WOOD - what year & power do you have? How long have you had your PP. How come I have never run into you?

baja27 - 650's ...... way cool!! Are you in the same low 90's as PPlay33?That speed must be awesome

Jake1250 - I am the guy that has Dave G's old boat. It it a low deck ( older, lower hull height ) with a recent pair of 500EFI's. The 33 & the 25 currently in Daves shop are sweet!!! Good Luck on your new purchase..... you can't go wrong with that piece.

To All Above - I boat in the same area as all of you! I boat about 125 hours a year but they are mostly to EGO Alley. Occasionally my wife will allow me to join you guys at Jelly fish Joel's or Red Eyes. i keep my boat on the South River. We go out every Friday afternoon, sleep on the boat ( a difficult task for a 6'3' guy in the low deck version ) and do not go home till Sunday night.
I would love to run with you ALL - warm weather is around the corner!

Old 03-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hi Miami,how are you? TO THE WOOD has a very nice 96, with 525sc's and a 5man bolster. Our boats will be back on the bay in early April, after the Sarasota poker run.We will all have to get together as soon as it gets warm. There are at least 6 or 7 of us happy Powerplay owners around here now! See you soon.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Registered

ED, I CHECKED THE APACHE THREAD DID'NT SEE ANY MENTION OF THE WAY THEY WERE DECEIVING THERE CUSTOMERS. I ALSO CHECKED FOUNTAINS THREAD,NO MENTION THERE EITHER. HOW BIG IS THERE 35FT BOAT. WHY DON'T YOU GUYS START A NEW SECTION ON THE SITE JUST FOR BASHING DAN. I'M TIRED OF HEARING IT ABOUT DAN. I JUST WANT TO TALK TO OTHER PEOPLE THAT OWN THE BEST 33 FT, NO I'M SORRY 32.7FT BOAT BUILT TO DATE.(ANY ONE READING THIS WITH AN APACHE OR FOUNTAIN I'M JUST ANSWERING POST #44)
Old 03-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Registered

OFFSHOREONLY , I WAS'NT THE BEST IN MATH BUT HAVE TO SAY ED IS INCORRECT 32.7 IS CLOSER TO 33 THEN 32 . I WOULD HAVE TO GUESS YOU HAVE NEVER BIN IN A 33 POWERPLAY IN ROUGH WATER. IF YOU HAD YOU WOULD'NT BELIEVE YOUR TAPE MEASURE (I KNOW IT'S YOUR SITE , BUT PLEASE "FOR THE LOVE OF THE SPORT" ASK EVERYONE TO BASH DAN IN A DIFFERENT THREAD. THANK'S
Old 03-08-2004, 08:22 AM
Miami

PPlay33 - good hearing from you! I am fine.

a poker run in Sarasota ...man am I jealous. Looks like I took my FL vacation at the wrong time.

Come April, I do my obligatory outdrive service, tune-up etc ..and will be ready to run. Have a ball in FL, be safe and see all the Powerplays when the weather turns warm.

Old 03-08-2004, 08:42 AM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Let Me Repeat Myself...

One more time for your benefit...In the "Powerplay Section"... The hull length of a 33' PP is NOT what the literature states. Not to mention, when the original 32' Cobra hull molds sides were raised 4 3/4" in 1994, it was sized to fit the existing deck parameters. This, in effect, shortened the hull running surface slightly. Use this information as you please. Ed
Old 03-08-2004, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

To the wood and PP33, I having my boat shipped to Tampa Bay for the week of April 5 th. Plan on crusing around there for a week then I will be trailing her home. I know you guys plan on doing the Sarasota run are you going home after that or do you plan on hanging for a while?

Quick Reply: Tell me about the 33 Powerplay...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.