Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerplay
Tell me about the 33 Powerplay... >

Tell me about the 33 Powerplay...

Notices

Tell me about the 33 Powerplay...

Old 03-16-2004, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY DECK THAT ED IS TALKING ABOUT. I KNOW HOW MY BOAT WAS RAN BEFORE I BOUGHT IT , AND I KNOW HOW I RUN IT NOW . THE BOAT WILL RUN IN 5FTERS AT OVER 80 MPH . MY FRIENDS POWER PLAY IN KEY WEST WAS RUNNING WELL OVER 90 IN 4-6FTERS .MOST BOATS CAN'T RUN IN THESE CONDITIONS OR WOULD BRAKE IN TWO. ILL LIVE WITH MY STRESS CRACKS . I TALKED TO OZZY IN KEY WEST HE LOVED HIS POWER PLAY,HE BOUGHT A NOR-TECH CAT ,POWER PLAY DOSE'NT OFFER A CAT. I THINK IF YOU LOOK AT ANY BOAT YOU CAN FIND SOMETHING WRONG , IF THE BOAT WAS ROUND LIKE OTHERS WITH NO 90 DEGREE ANGLES IT WOULD'NT CRACK. I'M NOT HAPPY WITH THE STRESS CRACKS BUT ILL KEEP MINE.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:45 AM
Miami

Ed........ perhaps the original owner of your friends boat stuffed the boat soo hard, he lost his life and the boat came through with some stress cracks...... why wouldd dan fix that for free? Perhaps your correct that Powerplays don't hold up well - Bob Teague said that his old Powerplay raceboat was still going strong with the new owner, I think the " Thee Muscle " raceboat aftyer campainning in APBA for two seasons was sold and two years later won the fastest V bottom @ Lake of the Ozarks shootout, I think that same boat is still around as there was a picture of it in Poker Runs, I believe most of the members of this Forum have bought their boats used and they all hate them and I have over 800 hours on mine and have NEVER had to tighten a screw or bolt........ Just a few examples of what a horrible boat Dan produces

I hope the rest of you realize I jest!

TO THE WOOD....... 90 in fours..WOW. That must be PPlay33. He knows how to run that boat and loves to push the sticks forward ( P.S. that is a used Powerplay )

Jake1250............ second your opinion of Dave. For those of you who do not know Dave, he is a local engine builder ( supplies motors to Spectre ) mechanic and boat dealer. He is honest, knowledgable, talented and timely ( a rarity in the service business ). He has races and or sold Fountains, Cigarettes, Panteras and Powerplays. He had a USED Powerplay as his personal boat. He Liked that boat so much, he now scours the country looking for used Powerplays. He usually finds one or two a year. He cleans them up and resells them. He knows how well those hulls hold up!!!!!!!!

Semper Fi........ congrats on your new Powerplay. What year and what motors?

Most of us who have purchased our Powerplays are not novice boaters. We have had many boats previous to the Powerplays. We did our homework and tried to spend our hard earned money wisely. We made our selection because the boats look great, hold up well and have a rough water capability that is equal to or better than most boats in their class.

Sorry to all for being so lenghtly. I am a middle aged man with nine previous boats to his credit that absolutely adores his USED Powerplay!

Old 03-17-2004, 08:18 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 865 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally posted by Miami
For those of you who do not know Dave, he is a local engine builder ( supplies motors to Spectre ) mechanic and boat dealer. He is honest, knowledgable, talented and timely ( a rarity in the service business ). He has races and or sold Fountains, Cigarettes, Panteras and Powerplays.
Local to where, what is the name of his shop?
Old 03-17-2004, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Very well said Miami!I look forward to seeing all of you this Summer on the Ches.
PPlay33 I would like to run you this summer, what size props are you running now.

ED WHAT BOAT DO YOU OWN????
Old 03-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
Default The PP 33' WAS, Without Question...

A well contructed boat. I know this well, and am very intimately aware of each example you have mentioned, construction-wise. Being involved with production, etc... as many years as I was at PP, I could tell you each boats strengths & weaknesses. The production boats, I assure you, were built completely different, than the pleasure boats, including a lot of experimentation in laminates, stringers, bulkheads, etc...and is all part of the performance/race boat manufacturing "game". Some experimentation "worked",...others did not. Case in point, the 33' PP raceboat campaigned briefly in the early nineties, while racing in Key West, breaking apart, killing it's owner & severely injuring his throttleman & navigator. Sempfer's recently aquired 33' was constructed on a "budget" by it's original owner, Mr. Bob Lawrence, who was at my home on several occasions, during the constuction of his boat, discussing paint design, rigging & construction. That boat's fiberglass lamination schedule is NOT a "race" lay-up in any way, but is a well built boat. PP has not produced ANY new 33' fiberglass boats in well over six months, as they have not had possession of their 33' hull mold in as many months. So...the used market is still your best bet, in more ways than one. Ed
Old 03-17-2004, 09:04 AM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Baja27...

What boat do I own? I don't own a boat. Why?
Old 03-17-2004, 09:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ed,

Thanks for the helpful information. I for one, appreciate your positive and informative approach that I now see.

Jody
Old 03-17-2004, 10:13 AM
Sabre

Ed/Edgar Heinrich/Gar

Once again your information is incorrect and misleading. It's obvious you are going to continue to bash Powerplay. Powerplay is in full possession of all their molds and is building 33's on a regular basis.

You've been on every Powerplay thread trying to cause trouble, and you have upset alot of Powerplay customers.

Last edited by Sabre; 03-17-2004 at 10:18 AM.

Old 03-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Miami

Baja27 - how was Sarasota. I am running 28P bravos. Comes on plane nicely, cruses well and gets between 80to 83 on GPS. I have always had hydromotive Q4's on boats. I am contemplating a trial of 27 or 271/2" Hydromotives as they carry the stern higher and may present me with a larger topend #. I am conservative, however, and spend most of my boating life below 4000RPM. Cannot wait to run with you, PPlay33 & To the Wood. Should be on the water by 4/15. Time to burn some fossil fuel on the Bay!!!!!!!

Indy............. Dave Govatos, MDG Performance Marine, 410-956-5381. He buils, dynos, riggs, water tests and assists in the dialing in process. He knows it is not just cubes and horses but making it all work together.

Ed......... You can be a tremendous resource for this forum. Rather than tear down Powerplay and Dan, you can be a large help. Since Dans financial pittfalls, many of us would be reluctant to send him monies for parts. You could tell us where to procure his proprietery " push type " electrical switches, that cool flooring he uses or the unusual Euro hardware he has an option. I myself am looking for the manufacturer he uses for his pop-up wind deflectors. I need the width & height for the ' low deck " version. Help such as this would endear to this forum and you could lose the antagonistic approach.
Ed, perhaps you could offer to perspective buyers of used Powerplays your knowledge. If you knew the boat they were looking at, you could tell them the pluses or minuses of that particular hull. I believe that that is the true spirit of this forum and it's members would be appreciative. If I wanted to have a verbal fight with someone, I can go upstairs and have one with my third wife

Ed - thanks in advance for your HELP.

Old 03-17-2004, 02:36 PM
Miami

Indy.... sorry, I'm a little scatter brained. MDG Performance is located in Annapolis Maryland...on the Chesapeak Bay

Quick Reply: Tell me about the 33 Powerplay...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.