Enticer Looking for SPEED Demons >

Enticer Looking for SPEED Demons

Notices

Enticer Looking for SPEED Demons

Old 07-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Enticer Looking for SPEED Demons

Look on e-bay, there is a 29 with 502 mags and external steering and it seems to be prices right. That should get you in the 70s. Im with dtsquest though, for the money you will spend on blowers you can buy a 340 with 500s and go low 80s and have a enclosed head and a way better ride. I was right where you are and after doing all the research I bought a 380 and Im glad I did. Its is just a better platform to build a faster boat. Not that the 29 is not a kick ass ride, but you going to spend money that you will NEVER get back. Do it on a 38 and you have a way better chance of seeing some of that $$$$ back. Good luck
Old 07-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Registered

pax ...

My 29 has 300hp's..BUT they have been tweeked by the first owner a little. For instance it has aftermarket (higher rise) flame arrestors and there is some discussion as to whether my holly double pumpers are stock. I honestly have no idea just picked up on it from the local mechanic and lake talk.

I have never GPS'd my boat, but the previous owner said it was 69 gps (lake mich water) and the speedo showed 75. I have seen 75 a few times so I think I am in the ball park.

External steering and k-planes are a must for more power....

I have always had an itch for blue motors which likely means a new boat vs. upgrading my current mules.....
Old 07-26-2005, 06:38 PM
Registered

THE BLUES ARE BEAUTIFUL BUT THE GREEN IN MY POCKET STILL LOOKS BETTER.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Registered

Hey guys just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I have a 94 290 with 330 carb motors. I bought it last sept. from org. owner. The very first ride was an immediate right turn that nearly spun the boat out, very high pucker factor! I saw 62 tops when I bought it, after straighting the drives up, tune up,tall flame arresters,1.8 roller rockers...66 @ 4800.I am running 23 mirage plus props. I am also looking for mid 70's. I noticed lately that the tabs are mounted about 1/2 inch too low on the boat, It is barely catching the leading edge of the tab, believe it or not this could slow down a boat a little. If you would like to stay in contact and combine our efforts and we can make these"nice ride" slugs run!!! Hope to talk later, ROB
Old 09-03-2005, 06:48 AM

I am not a Powerquest owner, but I do like the 29 Enticor. If 75mph is your goal in this boat I would recommend contacting a reputable marine engine builder in your area like the other posts have suggested. We have a single engine boat that needs more power and here is what we found. The engine builder will most likely tell you it is more cost effective to buy 502 GM short blocks and build from there as opposed to modifying the engines you already have. The 502 short blocks gain you displacement (HP) and have stronger internals engineered for take on more stress (HP). GM is also selling them right now for less money than it would take swap cranks, connecting rods, pistons, and machine a 4 bolt main on your current motors. The good news is if you keep the HP below 550 your drives should do fine. If 75mph GPS is your goal I would be prepared to spend 10K per motor at least. It costs money to go fast, but it sure is fun.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Registered

I will have to disagree on the 502's. My buddy put two new 502's in and they ate almost twice the amount of fuel over some modified 454's. You would really like some 496's even if you went with new efi, or old style 496's ( stroking your own motors).I finished some work on my 330's and we had some good weather this past weekend and I saw 67 @ 5000!! New props on the way. Later, ROB