Enticer Looking for SPEED Demons >

Enticer Looking for SPEED Demons

Notices

Enticer Looking for SPEED Demons

Old 07-07-2005, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enticer Looking for SPEED Demons

Any one out there in Quest land with a 29 Enticer have speeds 75 + (gps). I'm looking for more speed out of my 1999 29 Enticer. Right now I have 310 mpi's Bravo 1's and am thinking of external hydraulic steering, extended K-planes and Pro-chargers. Any feedback and contacts would be appreciated. I'm on the East coast N.Y. (Just north of N.Y.C). PQ apparel contacts would be great also since PQ's are few and far in between out here. Thanks Paxtonsc
Old 07-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Registered

Default Re: Enticer Looking for SPEED Demons

Lots of lookers but no results does anyone with a PQ like to go fast?
Old 07-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

paxtonsc sorry just dont know anybody in that area post is general about engine builder in NY area I'm sure you will hear back from a couple.
As far as appsrel call PQ and ask them who they use, I forgot who it is someone else might know off the top of there head. Good luck.

Rich.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

you can get PQ apparel through powerquest.
as far as 75 mph+ ,
as I said before the 290 is a great boat and has alot to offer,
I just don't think 75mph+ is one of them.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Registered

Re: Enticer Looking for SPEED Demons

THANK YOU FOR THE 2 REPLIES I HAVE RECEIVED. I GUESS THE 29 IS A DUD FOR SPEED. GREAT BOAT BUT I NEED 75 + I KNOW PEOPLE WITH 29 BAJA'S THAT ARE IN THE 80'S I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BUY A BAJA. I REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO MOVE UP TO A LARGER BOAT? THE POST WAS FOR ANYONE WHO HAS THE 29 ENTICER THAT RUNS 75 OR FASTER SO THEY CAN GIVE ME OPTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE MINE RUN AT THAT SPEED AND HANDLE PROPERLY. THERE HAS GOT TO BE SOME WAY THE BOAT CAN RUN 75 AND STILL HANDLE. THANKS AGAIN.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never owned a 29 but there sure are a lot of them out there.I would think with a couple 496's in that baby and youd see the mid 70's. I know its not s stepped hull , but HP solves most of that. I'm not sure the 310hp engines can handle prochargers? Had they been the mags I'd say no problem pending hours . What kind of speed are you seeing now?? I would estimate low 60's???
Old 07-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Registered

Re: Enticer Looking for SPEED Demons

I DON'T HAVE GPS SPEED BUT SPEEDO IS OVER 70 FULL THROTTLE TRIM TABS LEVEL WITH THE HULL,4400 RPM 25 PITCH 3 BLADE MIRAGE PLUS. I WOULD GUESS 65 +. SALT/FRESH MIX (WATER). THE ENGINES ARE 310 MPI. 250 HRS. SOME PEOPLE WITH SAME SET UP HAVE 26 4 BLADE BRAVO. THROTTLE UP (JULIE) TOLD ME 24 4 BLADE BRAVO TO GET THE RPM UP CLOSER TO 4600RPM. ANYBODY DISAGREE? BY NEXT SEASON I WOULD LIKE HYDRAULIC STEERING, PROCHARGERS (5psi) AND EXTENDED K PLANES. THIS BOAT SHOULD FLY. I NEED FEEDBACK SO I KNOW IF I'M WAISTING MY TIME AND MONEY.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Registered

In my opinion, you're wasting $$$ on procharging those engines. Either look for another boat with different power, or possibly find buyers for your current power and buy replacements. At the very least you would want the Mag engines. A couple 500 EFI's might get it moving
Old 07-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking on Boattrader.com to see if anyone was posting speeds on their ads and what power they were running to see that speed. Well no speed postings. You may want to call a few guys that are selling or simply call Powerquest and ask for Rick. He's been there a while and should be able to point you in the right direction as to what power plants would achieve your goal.I would agree with dtsquest and maybe look for new power. Heck its only money!!! Just have to work a few more hours in the off season!
Old 07-20-2005, 07:04 AM
Registered

Thanks again. It's great to get some feedback. 496 HO sound good to me.

Quick Reply: Enticer Looking for SPEED Demons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.