Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
Stress Cracks Common for PQ >

Stress Cracks Common for PQ

Notices

Stress Cracks Common for PQ

Old 01-27-2002, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doesn't sound like they're coming from improperly prepared screw holes the way you're describing them. Either the deck is flexing too much or they got a bad batch of gelcoat(I believe PQ uses Ferrocoat). Those sound like some nasty cracks, mine doesn't have any except where the screwholes weren't clearance drilled through the gel.
Old 01-27-2002, 08:29 PM

My question is how old is your boat. Is there are stress cracks and the boat is less than 5 years old, I'd be freaking out....

I have a Chris Craft 222 Stinger that's 14 years old and it only has a few tiny stress cracks on the front of the hull...

- jeff

Old 01-29-2002, 08:25 PM
Curt

Jan, I would have a hard time tolerating stress cracks and a fallen headliner on a boat that new. I am running a 91 Fountain that has no cracks (except for that one where I bumped the pier )and has been run at 80 mph + in every type of water from oceans to creeks! And my headliner damn sure never fell down. I am really surprised that PQ hasn't offered to fix this for you. They had a good name at one time. Reggie would have jumped all over this just to save his reputation. I have a friend on this board (27fever) who has a 27 Fever (go figure!) that he purchased new that had several problems which Fountain fixed free of charge...no questions asked. Expensive boats should be handled in this manner. Good luck with this issue, I hope PQ sees the light.