Powerquest Factory >

Powerquest Factory

Notices

Powerquest Factory

Old 06-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Powerquest Factory

Dave, First off I’d like to say I love my PQ and it’s our 2nd at that. I think for the money there one of the best values out there as well there made in my back yard in Holland Michigan. Which with me being only an hour drive away is a great benefit. I by no means want to come off as a PQ basher! As I stated above we’re on our 2nd and had high hopes of a 3rd. The people at PQ were always of great help and really always went out of there way to be helpful and answer question, even though I owned a used boat. My hats off to them! And hopefully we will see them employed again by PQ as I consider them friends.

As for the quality of the PQ’s not being what they used to be? I have to say they’re not the boat they used to be. Not so much with hull construction from what I can see. But from amenities and simply the little extras that came along with them. Take a Bolster from a 10 yr old boat and stand it next to a new one. You’ll notice from a design aspect that the older bolster simply took more time to build and was more pleasing to the eye (better style). Also look at the bolster frame. The frame is a standard stainless tube style as apposed to the old style which had the laser cut sides with the PQ logo and angled legs. Does that mean they won’t hold up as well? More than likely not but from a bling stand point they were pretty sharp. I know the rear seat on the 26 legend on the 2006 model was about as cheep as it could possibly have been. My 97 offers a nice contoured rear seat with arm rest, cup holders and a step which is now no longer. They now have a plain flat rear seat that consist of not much more than a piece of plywood, foam and vinyl. I understand the cost of doing business has gone through the roof. But a high production boat builder PQ is not. They were more of a low custom builder, which is what we all fell in love with. Can they make a come back?? I think without question! Will they? That’s yet to be seen. I must say as all of you I’m sure will agree have been very disappointed in the actions of the current owner. We the consumers and purchasers of his product were due some type of explanation if not simply a posting on the website as to what lied ahead for the company and the progress of the change of ownership. I’m not talking about confidential info or financials or even potential buyers names. Simply a simple posting, stating things are progressing. It wouldn’t take much to keep us all excited about the change. But to simply close the doors and say nothing for months doesn’t sit well with me. Being a current PQ owner I feel I have something at stake as well from a $$$ stand point and his actions affect the value of my boat in the long run.

O.K. I’ll shut up now. This is by far the longest posting I’ve ever posted.
(Wonder why?? Lets see it’s summer the weather sucks, the boats clean full of gas, the lakes cold and on top of that the kids don’t want to go out because they can’t get in the water) So here I sit!
Old 06-14-2006, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Forward
Take a Bolster from a 10 yr old boat and stand it next to a new one. You’ll notice from a design aspect that the older bolster simply took more time to build and was more pleasing to the eye (better style). Also look at the bolster frame. The frame is a standard stainless tube style as apposed to the old style which had the laser cut sides with the PQ logo and angled legs.
Are you sure the nicer bolster you are referring to is a PQ built bolster or was it a McLeod bolster? McLeod interior was an option on PQ boats and those bolsters are a step up from the standard PQ bolsters. Still, the standard PQ bolster is a nice seat...much nicer than the Aero bolsters Baja uses.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fast Forward, thanks for the explanation. You are right, it sounds like amenities certainly changed. I do wish I had the step on the back seat and laser cut bolster. I guess looking back, there were indicators of things to come.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:59 AM
Registered

Your 100% right. It really is bullsh**t. PQ ownership should speak up, and let it's previous and (possibly ) new customers know what's going on. I can't believe no one can broker a deal! Is their anyone who knows how to reach out to current ownership? How about setting up a conference bridge, and they can explain to all their customers (who plunked down hundreds of thousands of dollars on their products, only to have the doors slammed shut) where the company stands.Or are they now bankrupt? We just bought ours last July, and have gotten many complements on it, but....had we known of all the PQ issues maybe we would have gone another way....
Old 06-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Registered

Slider just do what I did. Go through every part of that boat and redo or rerig all of the halfway done or shoddy workmanship and then you'll have a boat that you will start to like.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:46 AM
Registered

Was by the the factory yesterday (saturday) and there was a guy at the facility and I swug in there to see what is happening and he just said no go and in a rude way and I ask him who is buying it and all I got was no buyer?? He then went inside. Thats the update.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:09 AM
Registered

Well.........wonder who was. I got an update of entirely different statement?????
From someone who is still on the payroll. This is really confusing
Old 06-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These guys just don't seem to get it! They obviously have no care nor concern for us that have bought their product. At this point in time it's going to take a lot of PR and good will to get me to look at another PQ in the near future. WE had hopes of a new boat in the next two years. Guess I'll look elsewhere this time. Hey PQ did you get that!!!! More lost income!

Sorry to vent but enough is enough!
Old 06-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Registered

The truck was a blue chevy avalanch.My personal opinion after asking the guy about the place is that he didn't give a **** about anything.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

This is sad. Why wouldn't the ownership reach out to former owners with some kind of news. If they had a plan to offend us all and drive anyone that may have been intrested in a PQ away it couldn't have been any better completed that what they have done over the last 9 months. Never met this Jack Mole character but he clearly doesn't care aboout us or the brand that once was POWERQUEST !!!!!

Quick Reply: Powerquest Factory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.