Notices

Cabin Door

Old 01-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Re: Cabin Door

Yea, pretty disappointing for a $150k plus boat. Would not recommend buying another 300 revenge. Maybe their other models are better??????????????????????????
Old 01-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Cabin Door

There's a couple 30's in my area and both owners love them and have no issues like the ones you've listed. The 30 is what will more than likely be our next move unless we can make the jump to the 34.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Registered

Re: Cabin Door

He boats mostly in the upper Chesapeake bay and has trailered it down to Ocean City Md once. Most of the damage occurred in Ocean City. The boat runs exceptionally well on a 1-2 foot chop or less, really liks flat. Anymore than a 2' chop and you get pretty beat-up and have to slow it down to keep it in the water. The twin step gives the boat a lot of lift, speed on flat, but airs the boat out in a chop. Running in 2' or bigger chop 4000 or higher rpm prepare to listen to the rpm buzzer. His boat runs in the 70's easy and might get close to 78-80 running it all out. He spinning bravo 1 28 pitch and cruises at about 4000-4500 all the time.
I have good things about these boats at the shows, but never see them on the water, other his.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:57 AM
Registered

Scott,

What did you find out about your door. I finally got around to working on mine yesterday and determined that the bottom roller assembly is the culprit. I, like you, have grown weary of repairing and making right what should have been right in the first place. Add normal Maint to the mix and you are constantly working on the boat. Now I just have to determine which surgery to perform to gain access and whether it is worth it. Incedently, I suspect my bottom tracks never lined up from day one and this put a lot of pressure on the roller assembly but the door still fuctioned ntil the rollers shattered. Initially I thought it shifted butafter observing new boats from the factory they all looked misaligned. The fact that some folks have never had a problem I believe is related to there primary running environment.

Last edited by migpilot; 02-02-2006 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:32 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I have not been to the boat yet to do any work. Not too sure why they used a split track design at least the one piece would not jam up the door if it came loose. My door uses hard plastic sliders that fit into the track. I had problems with them coming loose from the door but after re-tapping with bigger screws and using loc-tite the track became the target!
I'm thinking about going in through the head and adding a slam hatch access they are available from a place in Texas (better and cheaper than West marine) Slam Access hatch

I talked to a Powerquest factory guy for quite some time at the Cleveland boat show he was familiar with the issues and they were considering adding on a second hasp or locking device to hold the top of the door tight.

BTW the factory guy was presently employed with the new owner from what I could understand and he had nothing negative to say. I also saw Ryan a X PQ employ from way back but did not get a chance to talk with him and I'm not too sure who he was representing. Guess I should throw this in the factory thread but my info is sketchy and I am not into the rumor thing. Give me facts!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Registered

I spoke with a owner of a older 28 that has not had any problems with door or any other major components.

Problem appears to reflect quality control, both parts and labor in past recent years. Possibly due to poorly managed and run manufacturing... money problems!

If you guys come-up with a good fix please post so that I relay to friend that owns a 300 revenge with a jammed/broken door presently.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Originally Posted by MACTIME
I spoke with a owner of a older 28 that has not had any problems with door or any other major components.

Problem appears to reflect quality control, both parts and labor in past recent years. Possibly due to poorly managed and run manufacturing... money problems!

If you guys come-up with a good fix please post so that I relay to friend that owns a 300 revenge with a jammed/broken door presently.
Do me a favor and ask your 300 Revenge friend if he runs with the door open or closed and let me know.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scott
Do me a favor and ask your 300 Revenge friend if he runs with the door open or closed and let me know.
Every time I have been on the boat he runs with it closed and he claims to always keep it closed while running. When he comes to a stop he can't get the door open and if he does then it falls off the track or gets stuck open. Several times we have found screws loose laying around in both the track and on the cabin floor.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Registered

Angry Re: Cabin Door

He also mentioned to me that he probably will not be taking the boat to Ocean City, Md ever again... too rough. Too many things broke apart after riding in the Ocean.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Although the loose screws (should re-tap and use loc-tite) should not happen. He or any performance boater should not run with a sliding cabin door closed. This puts way too much stress on the door and lock area (prone to cracking)

Quick Reply: Cabin Door

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.