Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
If not a PQ? Then What? >

If not a PQ? Then What?

Notices

If not a PQ? Then What?

Old 08-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not too concerned with the fact the company is strugling. Mostly I guess because I not looking for a new boat at the Max dollar, where you really want/ need the support if Problems arise. warranty etc...

IMO The company brings the hull design and craftmanship to building the hull. For the most part thier job is done. Anything that bolts on to the hull is typically made by someone else anyway.

One other thing the company brings to the table is some one to sue when it all blows apart. for the most part that's not me.

I really need Mercruiser down the road of ownership.

Anything else like Canvas, Vinyl, gauges, controls, planes, hatch lifts, windows, cleates. It's all somebody else.

Plus I am looking at relatively Proven Boats 340 & 380 , '01 -'03.

It is a good point though, That is something that Formula has over PQ. But there are too many formulas on my lake and they just don't have the room.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=dyno;2253287]I wouldnt buy a quest......the company hasnt been stable for years, buy a Formula my .02[/QUOTED

Dyno, it does not matter when you are buying used, you can find what you need anywhere.

Shawn. It just depends on what you want out of a boat. I love my 38 for all the room I have, but if I had a place in LOTO I would probably look at a 42 cig, if you want more cuddy a cig is not the way to go. We looked at alot of boats but PQ won for us because we had owned two others and loved them. If you need more room look at a Blackthunder. If you are trying to compare boats well look at them all. Sonic I dont know at all, Sunsation great boats but smaller then I was willing to go until the F-4, Velocity?, Active I hear are great boats, Formula are great boats but I'm not a hug fan of the looks of there powerboats, Fountain no way (IMO), cig's nice but you dont get the room. I have personelly seen cullen's boat it sits at the same condo complex as a buddy of mine and it is nice. I have also seen perfmary's and loved it as well.
I own a 99 38 with fresh 525sc's that I also want to sell, and I am looking to buy a place at LOTO and then figure out what to buy. I was going to buy a 400ss Formula but decided to buy a place and stay with a powerboat. If you are interested let me know. Good luck on what ever you do.

Rich.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Registered

Shawn,

I agree with most everything said in this thread. What closed the deal for me was the space in the cuddy, the build reputation, the fact there was not any on our lake (Except when Christian visits!), and the drop dead gorgeous looks of the boat.

After the fact, the customer service was great (factory was still open at the time) and the boat has held up quite well.

Good luck with your search