If not a PQ? Then What? >

If not a PQ? Then What?

Notices

If not a PQ? Then What?

Old 08-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If not a PQ? Then What?

I've been looking at boats for a next spring Purchase. I am liking the Vyper and Avenger.

But If one was not going to buy a Powerquest. What would be a comparable or slightly better boat.

How do Soinc, Sunsation, Velocity, Active Thunder, stack Up? Or is there a mfg I should look at.

I am somewhat Familar Formulas (there's a million of em Lake Charlevoix). Fountain and Cigarette might be too much. Personally I don't like the Fountain's nose tip.

Things I like on the PQ's are the Cabin's head room, they're somewhat fast, but have week end Creature Comforts.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:05 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Shawn,
As you probably know, we took this PQ in on trade at the AT factory from Macklin on a new 37 Active Thunder.
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o16505-en.html

Drop me an email tomorrow, so we can trade numbers, and I will give you a run down on how things stack up between this particular PQ, and the entire AT lineup.

Brian Tillett
ActiveThunderBoats.com
ActiveThunderAVH(a)aol.com
Old 08-23-2007, 08:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Active Thunder has AWESOME quaility, I love the layout of the boat and craftsmanship. If your looking for something compareable to the Powerquest boats, I would probably say Baja (pleasure sport boat).
Old 08-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pkspx
Active Thunder has AWESOME quaility, I love the layout of the boat and craftsmanship. If your looking for something compareable to the Powerquest boats, I would probably say Baja (pleasure sport boat).
c mpare Baja to POWERQUEST? No way do they stack up to a PQ!!
Old 08-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default avenger

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=161583

The above thread has some info. I give the stats for my Avenger on page 3 I believe and I just listed it in the classifieds on Tuesday. I am looking to move to a cat, but this boat has been SOLID, not one day of regret.

Email me if you have any questions.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Registered

Comparing a baja to a powerquest is like comparing a corvette to a cavalier.

Try taking a cavalier out on a race track and you'll be surprised that even though it looks good, its really a piece of Sh*t!
Old 08-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Truttles77
Comparing a baja to a powerquest is like comparing a corvette to a cavalier.

Try taking a cavalier out on a race track and you'll be surprised that even though it looks good, its really a piece of Sh*t!
Couldn't agree more. Didn't start that thread, just tried to set them straight....

Last edited by cullen_11; 08-23-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Registered

Take out a baja in 3 footers and a powerquest and you will know the difference in a heart beat. Powerquest over Baja any day ! Its more like a porsche over a camaro, both fast but the difference is in the ride and engineering no comparison.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

Default PQ vs Others

Shawn D

IF YOU LIKE CABIN COMFORT AND SPEED THERE ARE ONLY TWO BOATS TO CONSIDER IN THE GO FAST FIELD. POWERQUEST AND BLACK THUNDER.

Thats it. The Formulas and Fountains are too narrow, the Baha has some room but suffers from quality issues and the ride is nothing compared to the PQ. The Outerlimits Hustler Cig, are fast but have no cabin to speak of.
Sunstations are too small except for the F-4
The Eliminator may be a possibility but I don't think they have much of a cabin

For the money and ride you can't beat the 38 Avenger.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Registered

I wasn't going to really say anything on the Baja, but do notice it wasn't in my original list. There is a 38 baja for sale in town and the hump alone doesn't settle well with me. I've been on a 24 or 25 Baja and that 38 and then a two 340 Vypers. I diffinately believe PQ to be a better boat. No offence PKSPX

But what about some of the Others. I never knew there were so many manufactures out until I started hanging out here.

Sydwayz - I'll call, I have been going through an audit this week at work so I have been Buried.

Last edited by Shawn D; 08-24-2007 at 08:21 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.