PQ General Discussion

Notices

PQ General Discussion

Old 03-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Need4SpeedGTCS
pic's from my marine tech...kills me that my season is so short...
Oh man that looks so nice!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by verbi69
I dont know but I cannot weigh the boat as it is still sitting in IL.
I need to buy a truck and don't want to make the mistake of buying the wrong one.
Tim said it was at 14,600lbs with 1/2 tank of fuel ....would be just over 15000 lbs full of fuel.
The trucking cops are going to be a pain this year, it is my understanding that the combined weight of truck and trailer requires us to pull in to the weight scales when the lights are flashing....I don't want to find out there that I am overweight.

Ok then.........That is 2200 lbs heavier than mine......I find that a little hard to believe. My trailer is a galvanized C channel. Our boats pretty much way the same. My boat had a half tank of gas and it is loaded down with everything, and tom can confirm that i have a ton of chit on my boat. We pretty much stay on it every friday and saturday night, so everything stays on the boat. So what that means is all that weight is in your trailer.....Is that possiable from a c channel to a boxed steel trailer? My trailer is roughly 43 feet long. That is a huge weight difference.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Need4SpeedGTCS
The 14,500 seems a bit high to me too...go to the scales. Look at the truck's GCWR too...weight of diesel cuts into that.
You are right.....If that boat is way in at almost 15,000 lbs i wouldnt be worried about the weight it will pull i would be concerned with the GCWR.....On the F 350 dually i think the GCWR isnt over 24,000 lbs anyways. So you would still be screwed. So basically you need to make sure you are covered for the weight you are pulling OFF THE HITCH not a fifth wheel and then your next issue would be to make sure your F 350 Dually doesnt way over 9,000 lbs loaded down including people.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered

I dont know but I cannot weigh the boat as it is still sitting in IL.
I need to buy a truck and don't want to make the mistake of buying the wrong one.
Tim said it was at 14,600lbs with 1/2 tank of fuel ....would be just over 15000 lbs full of fuel.
The trucking cops are going to be a pain this year, it is my understanding that the combined weight of truck and trailer requires us to pull in to the weight scales when the lights are flashing....I don't want to find out there that I am overweight.

Do you think the place you bought it at would take it to a scale for you?
Old 03-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PWRQUEST
Do you think the place you bought it at would take it to a scale for you?
I will be talking with the former owner tomorrow, I have alot of questions to ask about the boat..lol.

The '09-'10 Ford F350 is rated to pull 15,000lbs on the hitch, properly equiped and the F450 is rated to pull 16,000lbs on the hitch- weight distributing included. (this does not include fifth wheel)

The fifth wheel numbers are greater, 17,000+ and 24,000+.

Base Curb Weight + Cargo Weight + Passenger Weight = Gross Vehicle Weight (GVWR)

-GVW must not exceed the GVWR which is obtained from the Safety Compliance Certification Label on the left front door pillar.

GVW + Loaded Trailer Weight = Gross Combination Weight (GCW) - GCWR

In short- I need to weigh a whole crap load of stuff.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Registered

I will be talking with the former owner tomorrow, I have alot of questions to ask about the boat..lol.

The '09-'10 Ford F350 is rated to pull 15,000lbs on the hitch, properly equiped and the F450 is rated to pull 16,000lbs on the hitch- weight distributing included. (this does not include fifth wheel)

Base Curb Weight + Cargo Weight + Passenger Weight = Gross Vehicle Weight (GVWR)

-GVW must not exceed the GVWR which is obtained from the Safety Compliance Certification Label on the left front door pillar.

Don't even think of trailering in B.C. without knowing...they're the tightest on this...

It will all work out I'm sure...maybe some other 380 owners have experience?
Old 03-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is your boat still in IL? It is about 45 min ride for me and I have a weigh station right by me...I would be happy to pick it up for you and park it at my place til your ready for it...just might not give it back to you....LOL
Old 03-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by specialk
Is your boat still in IL? It is about 45 min ride for me and I have a weigh station right by me...I would be happy to pick it up for you and park it at my place til your ready for it...just might not give it back to you....LOL
Yes the boat is still in Il, we won't be picking it up for until the middle of April.
The previous owner has weighed the boat and trailer and it is on the heavy side at 14,600 lbs with a half tank of fuel, confirmed today.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Registered

Yes the boat is still in Il, we won't be picking it up for until the middle of April.
The previous owner has weighed the boat and trailer and it is on the heavy side at 14,600 lbs with a half tank of fuel, confirmed today.
I dont get it..........Well, if the guy had it weighed he would know......The only thing that is different is the trailer........I am not a expert on trailers but a 2200 lb difference is alot to me.....
Old 03-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Registered

Prolly had the back 2 tires of his truck still on the scale... lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.