Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
ok, i need some info on 2002 34' twin HO's!!! >

ok, i need some info on 2002 34' twin HO's!!!

Notices

ok, i need some info on 2002 34' twin HO's!!!

Old 04-19-2011, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 218 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by ajfisher
Hook us up Tom!
well I tried!!!!
I called the factory but quess what?they are out of business!!,,

dam the sunny guys are right,PQ is shut down..
Old 04-19-2011, 06:50 AM
Registered

sorry about the thread hijack

the 34 is a nice boat but I would go straight to a 38,not that far off in price
Old 04-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BillR
I just thought the boat should handle the chop much better. Also wide turns at speed, the boat wobbles ( best description I can think of).When coming on plane, the bow really comes up blocking your view.
Just drive one in chop, see if it is for you.

Similar boats that rode significantly better: 32 SUNSATION, 35 Fountain Executioner, Cig Cafe Racer, 30' Scarab Sport 302, Fourmula 353.
No trying to bash the boat - it was a great boat minus the ride in the chop....
This guy appears to have had a few boats in his life, good to see someone with some experience still has love for the CHAMPS!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:14 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID
This guy appears to have had a few boats in his life, good to see someone with some experience still has love for the CHAMPS!
Don't let your head swell that much Kid. While the Sunny had an ok ride, the build quality was far from good. The PQ's are built much better - and yes - I have worked extensively on both.

You want to talk about champs? Look up what Championship Sunsation won - it's laughable. The boat that is legitimately a champ has a #1 on the side. My Top Gun was incredible! My buddy in the Sunsation 32 was trying to keep up with me in a PR - The sunny was falling apart - literally! Trim pumps fell off, headliner came back, and something broke and the boat went back to factory for repairs.
The 2 PQ 34's in the same PR came in a little wet, but they didn't need repair either.

That said - Sunsation quality has improved vastly recently.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 04-19-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BillR
Don't let your head swell that much Kid. While the Sunny had an ok ride, the build quality was far from good. The PQ's are built much better - and yes - I have worked extensively on both.

You want to talk about champs? Look up what Championship Sunsation won - it's laughable. The boat that is legitimately a champ has a #1 on the side. My Top Gun was incredible! My buddy in the Sunsation 32 was trying to keep up with me in a PR - The sunny was falling apart - literally! Trim pumps fell off, headliner came back, and something broke and the boat went back to factory for repairs.
The 2 PQ 34's in the same PR came in a little wet, but they didn't need repair either.

That said - Sunsation quality has improved vastly recently.
Oh boy,,here we go !!

now kid288 is calling all his friends to come over...

Bill I agree 100% on the PowerQuest built and also the reason Cigs have a #1 on the side.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

Well my reply was more of a joke for boatnt and ajfisher to pick up on... I feel like I just got beat up... thanks bill....

LOL
Old 04-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guys over on Sunsation claimed 90 in 5 footers... IN A 32!
then when I questioned the validity of their claim they all ganged up on me for a bash fest lol
St. Clair is nothing like the great lakes or ocean. When its rough a 30' boat will span the waves and run real good. Keep in mind a lot of people claim 5' when its really 3'.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Old 04-19-2011, 10:09 AM

The guys over on Sunsation claimed 90 in 5 footers... IN A 32!
then when I questioned the validity of their claim they all ganged up on me for a bash fest lol
This was me, I was out there with Matt and it was the worst I have ever seen Lake St. Clair I was running some stabil thru the boat and Matt was solo for some fun and some speed runs, he was freaking doing laps around me like crazy but I don't run my boat hard and I don't have enough seat time to do that. But I can tell you the boat ran what it ran he reset the chartplotter before heading out @ Anchor Bay Marina also Lake St Clair when rough is just tight waves close to one another not like the real lakes at all. You can say what you say but I was there and I was going slow, after all I only have 6.2's

This was supposedly on Lk St Clair in a 'wash machine' ...
(the sunsation guys not the hustler)
Just as I said above the lake is a wash machine, went out on Friday and on Sunday I wish we did not go on Sunday but I had to get the boat out of the factory before Monday to make room for them.

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
St. Clair is nothing like the great lakes or ocean. When its rough a 30' boat will span the waves and run real good. Keep in mind a lot of people claim 5' when its really 3'.
+1 On Sunday Jay even Wayne was questioning us heading out I did not drive I did park my boat, which was alot of fun
Old 04-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PWRQUEST
Your saying that your buddy went by you in a 38 hustler at 70 mph in 6 to 8 footers??????????
yes, it was atleast 5-6 footers with a 6-8 tossed in the mix. i was doing all i could to keep the boat in the water at 15-20 mph. getting tossed around bad and he was going by me like i wasnt there. he cruzed back between 50-70 mph (boat ran 109 mph on good day)

the waves where pretty much a head on wave with every few they toss in one at an angle so it is a bit different from the lakes where they come at you every which way.

i dont have or want a hustler so i have no reason to make up a story.